Subject: Notice of resignation and call for nominations

As I announced on the last sca-j TC call on August 18, I am retiring from IBM in September.  Because of this, I am resigning as co-chair of the sca-j TC following the sca-j TC call on September 8.

During the September 8 call, the sca-j TC will elect a new co-chair to replace me.  Nominations may be sent to this list and/or made on the September 8 call.

As a reminder, here are the relevant extracts from the TC Process concerning chair elections:

A vacancy in chairing a TC shall be deemed to exist when (i) the Chair or one or both co-Chairs has been removed, (ii) the Chair or one or both co-Chairs has resigned the position, or (iii) the Chair or one or both co-Chairs ceases to be a Member of the TC. Vacancies in chairing a TC shall be filled by election from the TC Members; the TC may elect at any time by vote to elect a co-Chair, if only one Chair is seated, or to leave a second seat vacant. Any TC chair or co-chair election shall be by Full Majority Vote of the TC, with each winning candidate having received a full majority vote regardless of the number of candidates.

"Full Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of Voting Members present in the meeting. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a TC in which there are 20 Voting Members, at least 11 Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

Unless stated otherwise above: