Subject: Re: [sca-j] SCA-J Working Draft 04 Review Comments

Here are my comments on the WD04 PDF file, in addition to the
comments that Mark has made already:

Major technical:
  1. On line 1340, a sentence was removed that should not have been.
     This sentence is "However, the @Property annotation must be used
     in order to inject a property onto a non-public field."  The same
     applies to line 1400.

Minor technical:
  2. On line 373, the words "onto the field" should be removed, as
     the injection could either be onto a field or by calling a
     setter method.

Major editorial:
  3. On page 3, copyright is shown as 2007.  It should be 2008 or
     xxxx, 2008.  From an Assembly discussion concerning this, I
     believe the correct date for xxxx is 2005.
  4. I believe the following issues have been resolved, but they are
     not listed as applied:
      20
      40
      42
      43
  5. The resolution to issue 9 is still applied incorrectly.  The
     description of ComponentContext.getServiceReferences() says that
     this method MUST throw an IllegalArgumentException if the reference
     has multiplicity greater than one.  This statement is incorrect and
     needs to be removed.

Minor editorial:
  6. There is a typo in the new text for issue 23 in section 6.1
     (asychronous for asynchronous).
  7. There is a formatting problem at the top of page 49 (text partly
     overlaid).
  8. Line 387 contains the wording
      ....calling the getConversationID() on the....
     This should be either
      ....calling getConversationID() on the....
     or
      ....calling the getConversationID() method on the....
  9. Lines 387-388 contain some text in monospaced Courier font that
     should be in the normal proportional font.
10. Line 373 is missing a period after "field".

Noticed during review:
  x. On line 1173, change "ConversationID" to "conversationID".

   Simon