Subject: Re: [sca-j] ISSUE 119: JAA Conformance Section

Your first suggestion is a good one, but we would need to raise an issue there.

If we consider tools as including anything that either helps author document including annotations or deploy contributions, then these tools could claim to enforce annotation restrictions and thus conform with the spec.  As far as artifacts conforming with the spec., this will depend on the resolution with Java-60 which might define import.java and export.java.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

01/12/2009 01:35 AM

David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
cc
sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [sca-j] ISSUE 119: JAA Conformance Section

Bryan,

Very good proposal.
Two comments:

1) The definition of SCA runtime,
"· SCA runtime, which provides a container for SCA components and
potentially tools for authoring SCA artifacts, component descriptions
and/or runtime operation."
I think, would make sense to have it be defined in the assembly spec and
 be pointed to from other specs.

2) I don't quite see tools/artifacts claiming conformance to the common
annotations and API spec, which contains functionality available for C&I
specs to include-by-reference a-la-carte. It is specific C&Is such as
Java C&I that tools would conform to.

-Anish
--

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-119