OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-j message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw chat log of 2009-01-16 telecon

Mark Combellack: Agenda:
- Roll Call
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes from January 12th

Issue Status:
Open: 41

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:
2009-01-12-01: DaveB to reply to the liaison committee with the list of
other SCA Specifications that the SCA-J specifications depended.

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-07-15-2: Vladimir to produce a proposal for JAVA-2
2008-10-06-1: Editors to fix all the other remaining ed issues for WD04
pointed out by Mark, SimonN and Vamsi
2008-10-06-2: Anish - Work with OASIS Staff to get CD01 published - blocked
by package name appeal
2008-10-20-1: Simon to write new proposal with textual changes for JAVA-76
2008-11-11-3: Simon to provide proposal for JAVA-6
2008-11-11-5: MikeE and Dave to write up a proposal to JAVA-1 covering the
options decided at the Nov F2F
2008-11-11-7: Mark to propose a delta to Simon's action (2008-11-11-6) on
JAVA-25 to add support for message correlation on call backs
2008-11-11-8: SimonN to write spec change proposal to resolve JAVA-19 as
directed at the Nov F2F
2008-11-11-12: Mark to write proposal for JAVA-46 drawing inspiration from
the chat log of day 2 of the November F2F
2008-11-11-13: Dave to work on proposal for JAVA-60
2008-11-11-21: Mark, Jim and Mike to describe their use cases for JAVA-30
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed
at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the
WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-27: SimonN to raise issue on brain-damaged definition of
@Service annotation (see comments in Nov F2F raw chat log)
2008-11-11-33: Simon to write up proposal for JAVA-67 (not in previous
minutes but Simon is sure he has this action item)
2009-01-05-02: Simon to find use cases for conversational interactions
2009-01-05-03: Simon to illustrate his proposal for Java-95 with use cases
from action item 2009-01-05-02
2009-01-05-04: Jim to illustrate his proposal for Java-95 with use cases
from action item 2009-01-05-02
2009-01-09-01: Vamsi to produce proposal for JAVA-117
2009-01-12-02: Editors (Anish) to include proper wordings for issue 99 in
the spec inline with the resolution
2009-01-12-03: Editors (Anish) to include proper wordings for issue 52 in
the spec inline with the resolution

2. Jira re-organisation

a. Jira Status updates

   * JEE/Spring/EJB Binding issues marked as Deferred
   * Updated priority of issues based on their importance
      * 6 Blockers, 6 Critical, 19 Major and 10 minor
   * We now have 41 Open issues

b. Duplicate Issue: JAVA-115 is duplicate of JAVA-94

3. Accepting New Issues

None at this time

4. Blocking Issue discussion

a. JAVA-28: Package Name Changes
Appeal result:

b. JAVA-25: Callback Simplification
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00015.html
Simon to continue discussion of his proposal

5. Critical Issue discussion

a. JAVA-87: Java-related C&I specs needs to define how effective CT is
No proposal

b. JAVA-60: Sharing Java artifacts across contributions
No proposal

c. JAVA-54: Section 7.1 of the Java CAA Specification is unclear
No proposal

d. JAVA-27: Security Annotations in generated Component Type
No proposal

e. JAVA-6: @AllowsPassByReference requires more detailed description
Blocked by ASSEMBLY-97

f. JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200811/msg00032.html

6. Other Open Issues discussion

d. JAVA-30: "Process" Scope
proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00006.html

e. JAVA-65: There is no lifecycle defined for SCA Components
proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200811/msg00095.html

f. JAVA-102: Need to have a Name parameter on the @Service annotation
proposal: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-102

g. JAVA-62: Clarify what a Component Implementation can do with threads
proposal: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-62

h. JAVA-77: A remotable service SHOULD be translatable into a generally
accepted standard for a service, such as WSDL 1.1 or WSDL 2.0
proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00029.html

7. Deferred blocking issues (Waiting for resolution of ASSEMBLY-94)

a. JAVA-95: Simplified stateful implementation mechanism to replace
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00021.html
Comments from Jim:

8. AOB

Rotating scribe list:

Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)
Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)
Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)
Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Vladimir Savchenko SAP AG (1)
Jim Marino Individual (4)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (2)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (5)
Mike Edwards IBM (5)
Yang Lei (2)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (1)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (5)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (5)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (5)
Simon Nash Individual (3)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath Individual (2)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (7)
Simon Nash: i am listening to some very nice music
Mark Combellack: Same - just waiting for Dave to activate
Vamsi: Scribe: Vamsi
anonymous morphed into anish
Vamsi: Agenda bashing
Vamsi: No changes
Vamsi: Topic: Approval of minutes
Vamsi: Minutes are approved.
Vamsi: Topic: Review of action items
Vamsi: anish: item 2008-10-06-2 do we need to change the package name now
that ISSUE 28 is resolved.
Vamsi: AI: Mike, Anish and editors to work on CD02
Vamsi: AI-2008-10-06-2 is now complete.
Vamsi: Topic: JIRA reorganization
Vamsi: 6 blockers and 6 critical to be included by Feb-23 (new date is 2nd
Vamsi: Bryan: when will the deferred issues be undeferred post 1.1?
Vamsi: Topic: 2 b. duplicate issue
Vamsi: Simon: 94 is specific to @Property and @Reference. Feels it is not a
Vamsi: Topic: Accepting new issues
Vamsi: None.
Vamsi: Topic: Open Issue discussion
Vamsi: ISSUE 28
Vamsi: Resolve ISSUE 28 by using org.oasisopen as package name. m: Anish s:
Vamsi: motion passed unanimously
Vamsi: ISSUE 25
anish ... and if you use openoffice, things are way off
anish why don't we just use PDF, would be much simplier
Mike Edwards: yes
Vamsi: Simon takes through the proposal attached in
Vamsi: Mark suggests to change the text at the end of sec 6.7.4
Mike Edwards: "Mike" rather than "Mark"  (Embedded image moved to file:
Vamsi: ah (Embedded image moved to file: pic02431.gif)
Vamsi: Topic: Critical Issue Discussion
Vamsi: Only one has proposal
Vamsi: Mark asks for Volunteers
Vamsi: ISSUE 87 has no owner.
Vamsi: ISSUE 60 is taken by Simon(?)
Dave Booz: 60 is taken by me
Dave Booz: 6 is taken by simon
Vamsi: Thanks Dave
Vamsi: Motion: Resolve issue 87 by removing sec 10 from C&I spec. seconded
by Dave.
Vamsi: m: Mike s: Dave
Mike Edwards: Motion: Resolve Issue 87 by removing Chapter 10 from the Java
C&I specification (WD02) - section title is
Mike Edwards: 10Specifying the Component Type
anish: we should change the target for this issue then
Vamsi: Motion passed unanimously.  Issue 87 is resolved.
Vamsi: ISSUE 1
Vamsi: Nothing to discuss now. Need to wait.
Vamsi: Topic: Other Open Issues discussion
Vamsi: ISSUE 30
Vamsi: Proposal in
Vamsi: Issue discussion deferred to next call
Vamsi: ISSUE 65
Vamsi: Deferred
Vamsi: ISSUE 102
Vamsi: Proposal in the JIRA http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-102
Vamsi: Simon suggests to add a "name" attribute.
Vamsi: Straggler roll call
Vamsi: AOB



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]