Subject: RAW minutes 30.01.2009

Title: RAW minutes 30.01.2009

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j

- Appointment of scribe. List attached below

- Agenda bashing

- Approval of minutes from January 26th

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30956/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-01-26.doc

Issue Status:

Open: 31

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:

2008-11-11-8:    SimonN to write spec change proposal to resolve JAVA-19 as directed at the Nov F2F

2009-01-05-03:   Simon to illustrate his proposal for Java-95 with use cases from action item 2009-01-05-02

2009-01-05-03:   Jim to illustrate his proposal for Java-95 with use cases from action item 2009-01-05-02

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:

2008-07-15-2:    Vladimir to produce a proposal for JAVA-2

2008-10-20-1:    Simon to write new proposal with textual changes for JAVA-76

2008-11-11-3:    Simon to provide proposal for JAVA-6

2008-11-11-7:    Mark to propose a delta to Simon's action (2008-11-11-6) on JAVA-25 to add support for message correlation on call backs

2008-11-11-12:   Mark to write proposal for JAVA-46 drawing inspiration from the chat log of day 2 of the November F2F

2008-11-11-21:   Mark, Jim and Mike to describe their use cases for JAVA-30

2008-11-11-22:   Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62

2008-11-11-23:   Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62

2008-11-11-27:   Simon to raise issue on brain-damaged definition of @Service annotation (see comments in Nov F2F raw chat log)

2008-11-11-33:   Simon to write up proposal for JAVA-67 (not in previous minutes but Simon is sure he has this action item)

2009-01-09-01:   Vamsi to produce proposal for JAVA-117

2. Blocking issues

We have blocking issues but no proposals for them at the moment. (See section 6)

3. Critical Issue discussion

a. JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-1

Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00094.html

b. JAVA-60: Sharing Java artifacts across contributions

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-60

Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00059.html

4. New Issues

a. JAVA-123: Java C&I - Remove references to conversational function

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-123

b.  JAVA-125: Allow call semantics to be specified ininterface.java/implementation.java

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-125

5. Other Open Issues discussion

a. Long running processes - Assembly-33

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/assembly-33

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00089.html

b. JAVA-30: "Process" Scope

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-30

proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00006.html

c. JAVA-65: There is no lifecycle defined for SCA Components

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-65

proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200811/msg00095.html

d. JAVA-102: Need to have a Name parameter on the @Service annotation

proposal: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-102

e. JAVA-62: Clarify what a Component Implementation can do with threads

proposal: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-62

f. JAVA-77: A remotable service SHOULD be translatable into a generally accepted standard for a service, such as WSDL 1.1 or WSDL 2.0

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-30

proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00029.html

6. Blocking issues waiting for updates/proposals

a. JAVA-104: RFC2119 Language is needed for CAA Specification

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-104

b. JAVA-105: RFC2119 Language is needed for C&I Specification

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-105

c. JAVA-119: JAA Conformance Section

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-119

7. Critical issues waiting for updates/proposals

a. JAVA-27: Security Annotations in generated Component Type

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-27

Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00085.html

Discussions: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/threads.html#00073

a. JAVA-54: Section 7.1 of the Java CAA Specification is unclear

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-54

No proposal

b. JAVA-6: @AllowsPassByReference requires more detailed description

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-6

Blocked by ASSEMBLY-97

c. JAVA-121: Compilable artifacts for Java annotations and APIs

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-121

More detailed proposal required

8. AOB

Rotating scribe list:

Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)

Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)

Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)

Ron Barack SAP AG (3)

Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)

Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)

Vladimir Savchenko SAP AG (1)

Jim Marino Individual (4)

Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (5)

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (1)

Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (5)

Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (5)

Simon Nash Individual (3)

Meeraj Kunnumpurath Individual (2)

Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (7)

Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (3)

Yang Lei (3)

Mike Edwards IBM (6)

Bryan Aupperle IBM (6)

Plamen: scribe: Plamen

Plamen: Agenda bashing

Plamen: Mark: whether Java-25 is worth to be discussed?

Plamen: AI: to everyone to review Somin's proposal and discuss it during the next phone call

Plamen: acceptet

Plamen: Approval of minutes from January 26th

 - skipped as we are not quorum

Plamen: Review action items: no updates

Plamen: Blocking issues

Plamen: Mike E. volunteer for RFC 2119

Plamen: Critical Issue discussion

Plamen: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-1

Plamen: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00094.html

Plamen: Mike E. describes the proposal

Plamen: Simon: what is the Domain URI and is it specified

Plamen: Mike E. it is specified in the Assembly spec

Plamen: Simon: it could be possible to have multiple domains in one JVM

Plamen: Simon: would it be possible to call the API from unmanaged code in the same JVM as the domain is

Vamsi: what was that.

Mark Combellack: Someone very loud just joined

Plamen: Simon: no need to put additional limitations on the API

Martin C can squeak for roll when there is a gap

Martin C i reldialled in so hope its ok now

Plamen: Simon: there is no static method, should i made a instance beforehand?

Plamen: Mike E. there should be a static method

Plamen: This is for public class SCAClient ...

Vamsi: In the method signature should it be "Class<T> interfaze" instead of "<T> interfaze" ?

Vamsi: It's ok. Slide 4 has this.

Plamen: Simon wonders whether the class on slide 4 could be made abstract

Plamen: Mark: we should provide an interface and factory for this interface

Plamen: and allow vendors to provide implementation for the required methods

Plamen: Mike E. are people happy with the direction?

Plamen: Simon: this is the absolute minimum

Plamen: Mark: agree

Plamen: Bryan agree

Vamsi: Simple and elegant

Plamen: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-60

Plamen: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00059.html

Plamen: Mike E. outlines the proposal

Plamen: Whether we should add {} alongside with the [] with appropriate semantic

Plamen: Simon: should there be possibility for multiple export statements?

Plamen: Mike E. it is allowed by the Schema

Plamen: Simon: it would be better to specify it as well

Plamen: Vamsi: if we specify the same package with multiple versions

Plamen: Mike E. we could specify the same package only with one version

Plamen: Vamsi: do we need to specify this?

Vamsi: specify that only one version in the range is to be imported?

Plamen: Simon: need [] in the example

Plamen: Question about the following statement: The same Java package MUST NOT be specified on both an import and an export element

Plamen: also about the: A Java package that is specified on an export element MUST be contained within that contribution

Plamen: discussion around the @location attribute

Mark Combellack: Time warning: We only have 3 minutes left

Mike Edwards: looks like we will have to close off this discussion

Mike Edwards: continue on the mailing list

Plamen: AOB

Mark Combellack: Mark Combellack

Bryan Aupperle

Graham Charters