Subject: Re: [sca-j] [ISSUE 1] Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code -Formal Proposal

Thanks for writing this up. It's a really good start. Just a couple of comments:

1) I was surprised that you didn't address your Word comment at the end of section 8.1

2) I don't think we want to expose the implementation of the SCAClientFactory methods in the spec....esp. the FactoryFinder usage. I think we do need to expose the defaultFactory attribute as that is the injection point for vendors. Further, section B.1.3 goes into detail about FactoryFinder being overridden, but I thought we agreed on the last call that factory finder had become an implementation detail of the OASIS SCAClientFactory. Vendors will replace SCAClientFactory (possibly through injection) and therefore the finder factory becomes moot. This comment ripples into B.1.4 also.

3) There's good info at the start of B.1.3 and in B.1.4 about what vendors have to do, including the text about how to override the SCAClientFactory class. Is an appendix really the right place for that? It's always difficult to balance writing the specs for vendors vs the vendor's users/customers. Seems that some of this is very important for users to know.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---03/17/2009 10:20:04 AM---Folks, I have created a formal proposal for Issue 1 based onMike Edwards ---03/17/2009 10:20:04 AM---Folks, I have created a formal proposal for Issue 1 based on CD02 Rev3 and on

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

"OASIS Java" <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>

03/17/2009 10:20 AM

[sca-j] [ISSUE 1] Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code - Formal Proposal

Folks,

I have created a formal proposal for Issue 1 based on CD02 Rev3 and on Mark's latest email:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/31702/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev3%2BIssue1.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/31701/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev3%2BIssue1.doc

Yours, Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: