Subject: Issue 119: YAAP

Yet Another Alternate Proposal for issue 119:

This is based on my earlier alternate proposal [1], the discussion on
mailing list related to that proposal, discussion on the concall and the
conformance section in Assembly [2]. I'm sure I haven't gotten
everything right, so feedback is most welcome.

1) For CAA Spec add a new conformance section:

Conformance

The XML schema pointed to by the RDDL document at the namespace URI,
defined by this specification, are considered to be authoritative and
take precedence over the XML schema defined in the appendix of this
document.

There are three categories of artifacts that this specification defines
conformance for: SCA Java XML Document, SCA Java Class and SCA Runtime.

SCA Java XML Document

An SCA Java XML document is an SCA Composite Document, or an SCA
ConstrainingType document, as defined by the SCA Assembly specification
Section 13.1 [SCA-ASM], that uses the <interface.java> element. Such an
SCA Java XML document MUST comply with the SCA Assembly specification
requirements, SCA Policy Framework [SCA-Policy] requirements and the
requirements specified in Section 3 of this specification.

SCA Java Class

An SCA Java Class is a Java class that complies with Java version 1.5
and MAY include annotations and APIs defined in this specification. An
SCA Java Class that uses annotations and APIs defined in this
specification MUST comply with the requirements specified in this
specification for those annotations and APIs.

SCA Runtime

The APIs and annotations defined in this specification are meant to be
used by Java-based client and implementation models in either partial or
complete fashion. A Java-based client and implementation model
specification that uses this specification specifies which of the APIs
and annotations defined here are used. The APIs and annotations an SCA
Runtime has to support depends on which Java-based client and
implementation model specification the runtime supports. For example,
see the SCA Java Client and Implementation Specification [SCA-JCI].

An implementation that claims to conform to this specification MUST meet
the following conditions:
1.The implementation MUST meet all the conformance requirements defined
by the SCA Assembly Model Specification [SCA-ASM].
2.The implementation MUST support <interface.java> and MUST comply with
all the normative statements in Section 3.
3. The implementation MUST reject an SCA Java XML Document that does not
conform to the sca-interface-java.xsd schema.
3.The implementation MUST support the WSDL to Java and Java to WSDL
mapping and MUST comply with all the normative statements in Section 10.

[Do we need a requirement for being JRE 1.5 compliant?]

2) For CAA Spec add a new conformance section:

Conformance

The XML schema pointed to by the RDDL document at the namespace URI,
defined by this specification, are considered to be authoritative and
take precedence over the XML schema defined in the appendix of this
document.

There are three categories of artifacts that this specification defines
conformance for: SCA Java C&I Composite Document, SCA Java C&I
Contribution Document and SCA Runtime.

SCA Java C&I Composite Document

An SCA Java C&I Composite document is an SCA Composite Document, as
defined by the SCA Assembly specification Section 13.1 [SCA-ASM], that
uses the <implementation.java> element. Such an SCA Java C&I Composite
document MUST comply with the SCA Assembly specification requirements,
SCA Policy Framework [SCA-Policy] requirements and the requirements
specified in Section 9 of this specification.

SCA Java C&I Contribution Document

An SCA Java C&I Contribution document is an SCA Contribution Document,
as defined by the SCA Assembly specification Section 13.1 [SCA-ASM],
that uses the contribution metadata extensions defined in Section 10.
Such an SCA Java C&I Contribution document MUST comply with the SCA
Assembly specification requirements and the requirements specified in
Section 10 of this specification.

SCA Runtime

An implementation that claims to conform to this specification MUST meet
the following conditions:

1. The implementation MUST meet all the conformance requirements defined
by the SCA Assembly Model Specification [SCA-ASM].
2. The implementation MUST meet all the conformance requirements defined
by the SCA Policy Framework Specification [SCA-Policy].
3. The implementation MUST reject an SCA Java Composite Document that
does not conform to the sca-implementation-java.xsd schema.
4. The implementation MUST reject an SCA Java Contribution Document that
does not conform to the sca-contribution-java.xsd schema.
4. The implementation MUST meet all the conformance requirements defined
by the SCA Java Common Annotations and APIs Specification [JCAA].
5. This specification includes all the APIs and annotations defined in
the Java Common Annotations and APIs Specification [JCAA], therefore
the implementation MUST comply with all the statements in Appendix YYY:
Comformance Items of [JavaCAA], notably all mandatory statements have to
be implemented.
6. The implementation MUST comply with all statements in Appendix XXX:
Conformance Items related to an SCA Runtime, notably all mandatory
statements have to be implemented.

May the throwing of rocks commence.

-Anish
--