Subject: Re: [sca-j] Issue 119: YAAP version 3 - comments

See comments inline.

   Simon

Mike Edwards wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have a few comments and suggested changes.
>
> Yours,  Mike.
>
> Strategist - Emerging Technologies, SCA & SDO.
> Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
> IBM Hursley Park, Mail Point 146, Winchester, SO21 2JN, Great Britain.
> Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
> Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com
>

> From: 	Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
> To: 	OASIS Java <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
> Date: 	20/03/2009 20:39
> Subject: 	[sca-j] Issue 119: YAAP version 3

> Fixed errors pointed out by Dave.
>
> 1) For JCAA Spec add a new conformance section:
>
> Conformance
>
> The XML schema pointed to by the RDDL document at the namespace URI,
> defined by this specification, are considered to be authoritative and
> take precedence over the XML schema defined in the appendix of this
> document.
>
> [Move the agreed upon statement about SCA Java interface/class
> precedence from a different issue here]

The issue was JAVA-121.  The only record of this is the following extract
from the minutes of the Feb 13 TC call:
[15:45] Meeraj: Simon motions that in case of conflicts between code and spec, spec would be normtive
[15:45] Meeraj: Mike sconds
[15:45] Meeraj: Motion passed unanimously

> There are three categories of artifacts that this specification defines
> conformance for: SCA Java XML Document, SCA Java Class and SCA Runtime.
>
> SCA Java XML Document
>
> An SCA Java XML document is an SCA Composite Document, or an SCA
> ConstrainingType Document, as defined by the SCA Assembly specification
> Section 13.1 [SCA-ASM], that uses the <interface.java> element. Such an
> SCA Java XML document MUST be a conformant SCA Composite Document or a
> SCA ConstrainingType Document, as defined by [SCA-ASM], and MUST comply
> with the requirements specified in Section 3 of this specification.
>
> SCA Java Class
>
> An SCA Java Class is a Java class or interface that complies with Java
> version 1.5 and MAY include annotations and APIs defined in this
> specification. An SCA Java Class that uses annotations and APIs defined
> in this specification MUST comply with the requirements specified in
> this specification for those annotations and APIs.
>
> *<mje>*
> *"Java version 1.5" should be changed to read*
> *"J2SE version 5.0" or in full "Java 2 Standard Edition version 5.0"*
>
> *and there is a URL for it too:*
>
> *http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/*
>
> *- which ironically uses "1.5"*
> *</mje>*

It is not J2SE any more.  The "Java 2" was dropped starting with
version 5.  It's now just "Java SE" as stated in the pink box on
this Web page.

> SCA Runtime
>
> The APIs and annotations defined in this specification are meant to be
> used by Java-based component implementation models in either partial or
> complete fashion. A Java-based component implementation model

Delete "model".

> specification that uses this specification specifies which of the APIs
> and annotations defined here are used. The APIs and annotations an SCA
> Runtime has to support depends on which Java-based component
> implementation model specification the runtime supports. For example,

Delete "model".

   Simon