Subject: Re: [sca-j] Raw chat log for April 3 SCA-J TC call

Anish,

Excellent point.  This also impacts Simon's "synthetic" interface idea.  If the interface is defined via WSDL (with or without attached intents) and the implementation is annotated with intents (interaction or implementation) then the "synthetic" interface should still be defined via WSDL with the intents from the implementation added.

I think this leads to some deficiencies with the text in Assembly about interface.wsdl, but I'll need to look a bit more closely.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

04/03/2009 02:39 PM

Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
OASIS Java <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [sca-j] Raw chat log for April 3 SCA-J TC call

Bryan,

I have been thinking about this issue of intents and independence of
interface language. Unless I missed an issue resolution, section 11 of
CAA spec relegates the wsdl->java and java->wsdl mapping to JAX-WS. I
don't think this is sufficient. We'll have to specify that for intents
specified using @Requires, @Authentication etc annotations get mapped to
@requires WSDL attribute (in both directions).

-Anish