Subject: Re: [sca-j] Raw chat log for April 3 SCA-J TC call

Bryan Aupperle wrote:

> What about the case where a component has a Java implementation but the
> interface for the service needs to be defined using WSDL, i.e. the
> <service/> element of the component uses <interfrace.wsdl/>?  Any
> intents from the implementation, or the Java interface  of the
> componentType for that matter, have to be reflected in the WSDL.

I originally thought this too.  If it were true, the Assembly definitions
of compatible [subset|superset] would need to also require that the same
intents are present on both interfaces.

The ASSEEMBLY-117 proposal doesn't say that, and I think that's correct.
This is because the policy spec requires AIUI that any intents specified
at a lower level of the implementation hierarchy propagate upwards through
the implementation hierarchy.  This means that intents on interfaces would
automatically propagate through componentType service -> component service
-> promoted composite service -> implementation.composite service without
needing to be repeated on any compatible subset interfaces specified at
higher levels.

If my interpretation of the policy rules is wrong, then we would either
need to amend the draft resolution for ASSEMBLY-117 to include intents
in the compatibility rules, or amend the policy rules to require
propagation as stated above.

   Simon