Subject: Re: [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: Java CI should have corresponding changesin JAVA-125 - [JAVA-153]

Mike,
My concern is not about local services but about remotable services.

In the absence of @Service, the introspection algorithm identifies
interfaces implemented by the implementation class as being
SCA services if they carry a @Remotable annotation.  The proposed
change would extend this to include the case where the interface
doesn't carry a @Remotable annotation, but the <interface.java>
element in a component configuration carries a @remotable attribute.

This can't work because the introspection algorithm for discovering
which services should be included in the componentType only has
access to the Java interfaces and not to any component configurations
that may configure these Java interfaces as being remotable SCA
services.  In order to do this, the @Service annotation would need
to be used.

   Simon