Subject: Re: [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: Java CI should have corresponding changesin JAVA-125 - [JAVA-153]

Mike,
The paragraph in question (in section 2.3) says which services are
selected by the component type introspection algorithm in the absence
of @Service annotations.  This paragraph currently says that only
those interfaces with a @Remotable annotation would be selected.
The proposed change attempts to broaden this, and from your comments
here I believe you are agreeing that this broadening would not
be possible.

Regarding your second point of using <interface.java> in a component
definition to affect the remotable state of the interface, we realised
on yesterday's call that this doesn't work because it violates the
compatibility relationship between component type and component.
If the introspected component type detects a service interface as
being local because it isn't annotated with @Remotable, the component
definition cannot specify a remotable interface because this would
violate the definition of compatibility in the Assembly spec.

I think the only way round this would be to re-introduce a
.componentType side file for Java implementations so that the
component type's service interface could be marked as remotable
using the @remotable attribute on <interface.java>.

   Simon