Subject: Re: [sca-j] JAVA-98:Updated proposed resolution

David Booz wrote:
> The problem with reviewing something over and over is that new
> thoughts/issues come up every time you look at it.

No problem, it happens to me all the time.

> 1) JCI spec - section 8 <service/> element generation (lines 376-391) -
> I think some readers are going to ask, "What about annotations on the
> interface class?" I'm thinking we should find a way to answer that
> question with some text....maybe something along the lines of:
> Interfaces are not introspected but are considered during intent and
> policySet processing as described in the Java CAA specification [ref]
> and the Policy FW spec [ref].

See new words in rev3 (just posted).

> 2) JCI spec - section 8.3 - Why repeat the managedTransaction intent
> definition here?

I don't think it's a repetition.  AFAIK, this specific intent
annotation is not defined by any SCA spec, so I defined it in the
example to make the example complete.

> 3) JCI spec - section 8.3 - Was it intentional on your part to NOT
> implement MyService in MyServiceImpl

Because there is an explicit @Service, it doesn't make any difference
whether or not there is a Java "implements" for this interface.
I didn't have any specific reason for omitting it.

   Simon