Subject: Re: [sca-j] JAVA-98:Updated proposed resolution

You're right! I'll raise an issue for the missing intent annotations. I hadn't realized that the Java specs were out of sync with the policy specs in terms of intents. A quick look shows clientAuthentication, serverAuthentication, and all the tran intents are missing. There's probably more....ugh.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Simon Nash ---04/24/2009 09:27:50 AM---David Booz wrote: > The problem with reviewing something over Simon Nash ---04/24/2009 09:27:50 AM---David Booz wrote: > The problem with reviewing something over and over is that new

Simon Nash <oasis@cjnash.com>

sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org

04/24/2009 09:27 AM

Re: [sca-j] JAVA-98:Updated proposed resolution

David Booz wrote:
> The problem with reviewing something over and over is that new
> thoughts/issues come up every time you look at it.

No problem, it happens to me all the time.

> 1) JCI spec - section 8 <service/> element generation (lines 376-391) -
> I think some readers are going to ask, "What about annotations on the
> interface class?" I'm thinking we should find a way to answer that
> question with some text....maybe something along the lines of:
> Interfaces are not introspected but are considered during intent and
> policySet processing as described in the Java CAA specification [ref]
> and the Policy FW spec [ref].

See new words in rev3 (just posted).

> 2) JCI spec - section 8.3 - Why repeat the managedTransaction intent
> definition here?

I don't think it's a repetition.  AFAIK, this specific intent
annotation is not defined by any SCA spec, so I defined it in the
example to make the example complete.

> 3) JCI spec - section 8.3 - Was it intentional on your part to NOT
> implement MyService in MyServiceImpl

Because there is an explicit @Service, it doesn't make any difference
whether or not there is a Java "implements" for this interface.
I didn't have any specific reason for omitting it.

  Simon

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32216/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4%20issue98-rev2.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32214/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd07%20issue98-rev2.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32218/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4%20issue98-rev2.pdf