Subject: RE: [sca-j] Java CAA Spec - CD02 Rev6, containing all latest resolved issues

Hi,

I have the following review comments on this document. The line numbers are based on the PDF version:

Editorial comments

  • Front page – The chairs section is inconsistent with the C&I document
  • Notices page – copyright year should include 2009
  • Line 2: Wrong document title – It should be “SCA Java Common Annotations and APIs”
  • Inconsistent indentation on the following lines:

·         23-25

·         320-331

·         803

·         1013

·         2185 – 2186

·         2456 – 2514

·         2520 - 2554

  • Lines 29-34: Should we refer to the latest Assembly PR and Java C&I documents?
  • Line 382 – Change “injecting references or properties” to “injecting properties or references” since properties are injected before references
  • Lines 466 – Change “Nonblocking” to “Non-blocking” to be consistent with the other uses of “non-blocking” in that section (lines 466, 474 and 476)
  • Lines 519, 526 & 570: (Not being American so I could be wrong) – I thought it was ZIP code and not zip code. If I am correct, need to change occurrences of zip to ZIP in these lines
  • Line 588 – There is no section 6.7.1
  • Line 635 – Split into two lines as it is easy to misread it and think the @Context annotation applies to the someMethod() method
  • Line 927 & 958 – We are inconsistent with how we number our examples. This probably applies to the whole document
  • Line 1319 – This is a normative statement that has not have a conformance number
  • Line 1463 – section references of 8.14 and 8.15 are wrong. It should be 10.15 and 10.17
  • Lines 2354 – 2356 – Remove this paragraph as this is a duplication of the text from sections 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. We should just update the text to refer back to them rather than duplicating them
  • Line 2585 – Could we make the Conformance ID column in the table narrower since there is a lot of empty whitespace between the columns. We don’t need quite so much
  • Lines 2591 – 2593 – Copy acknowledgements from the C&I spec as Dave has updated them.
  • Lines 2596 – 2598 – Should we remove these before going to PR?

Probably new issues

  • Lines 487 – 489: Should there be a normative statement associated with this? It suggests that there is one in Assembly but should we be explicit here in the Java specifications?
  • Lines 646 – 647: Should there be a normative statement for this either here or in section 10.3?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Combellack| Software Developer| Avaya | Eastern Business Park | St. Mellons | Cardiff | CF3 5EA | Voice: +44 (0) 29 2081 7624 | mcombellack@avaya.com