Subject: Re: [sca-j] Java CI spec - up to date issues applied

That's right, but what also happens is that the bulleted lists in the section 5 conformance statements have incorrect indentation. That's what I don't know how to fix.

I'm afraid the only way to fix this is going to be to cut/paste-text -only into a new OASIS Word template. I don't have the time to attempt something like that right now.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Simon Nash ---04/30/2009 04:05:32 PM---David Booz wrote: > There seem to be some indentation/formattiSimon Nash ---04/30/2009 04:05:32 PM---David Booz wrote: > There seem to be some indentation/formatting differences between the

Simon Nash <oasis@cjnash.com>

sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org

04/30/2009 04:05 PM

Re: [sca-j] Java CI spec - up to date issues applied

David Booz wrote:
> There seem to be some indentation/formatting differences between the
> word and pdf formats and some strange interactions between pdfmaker and
> print to pdf. Believe it or not, when I run pdfmaker over this document,
> it just dies right at the end and doesn't produce a pdf file. When I try
> to print to pdf, the word file is actually modified (which screws up the
> formatting) making the word and pdfs different (but only in formatting,
> not in content). I'm frustrated and am giving up for now on the
> formatting situation as I don't know how to resolve it. If someone else
> can look at this, I'd appreciate it.

I tried all kinds of combinations and I saw exactly what you are
seeing every time.  It was impossible to print the document to PDF
without it being reformatted and the line numbers changing.

The only way I found to get the numbers to match was to save the
reformatted document after printing.  If I then reopen this saved
Word doc, the numbers in the Word doc will match the numbers in
the PDF.

  Simon

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32340/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd10.doc

mailto:%7Cmcombellack@avaya.com>