Subject: [ISSUE 158] Missing Normative statement relating to getServiceReference() method- Revised proposal

Folks,

Follow on from the email debate on the earlier proposal for this issue, here is a revised proposal which I think deals with the
points that were made.  In my opinion, we need to do something similar for every API method in this spec.  But that should be
left for another Issue.

NOTE: I have assumed for the present that the concept of having a "not wired" 1..1 multiplicity reference is NOT catered for
- ie this is regarded as an error that would prevent the component being run and so never arises when invoking this method.

Proposal:

Create new normative statements, appropriately tagged, as follows:

getServiceReference(Class<B> businessInterface, String referenceName)

– Returns a ServiceReference defined by the current component. The returned ServiceReference object implements the interface businessInterface.

businessInterface - the interface class of the reference

referenceName - the name of the reference

The getServiceReference method MUST throw an IllegalArgumentException if the reference named by the referenceName parameter has multiplicity greater than one. [JCA80004]

The getServiceReference method MUST throw an IllegalArgumentException if the reference named by the referenceName parameter does not have an interface of the type defined by the businessInterface parameter. [JCA80005]

The getServiceReference method MUST throw an IllegalArgumentException if the component does not have a reference with the name provided in the referenceName parameter. [JCA80006]

The getServiceReference method MUST return null if the multiplicity of the reference named by the referenceName parameter is 0..1 and the reference has no target service configured. [JCA80007]

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:

Unless stated otherwise above: