Subject: Re: [sca-j] [ISSUE 157] Section 10.13 on @OneWay requires a normativestatement - Updated Proposal 2

As dicussed on Friday's call, I would like to propose a small change
to section 3.5 to make it non-normative.  The reason for this change
is that the base definition of compatibility in the Assembly spec is
also non-normative, providing a definition that is used in other
normative statements covering wiring, promotion, etc.  The text in
section 3.5 is written as a supplement to the non-normative Assembly
definition of compatibility, not as a supplement to the normative
statements in the Assembly spec relating to the situations where
compatibility applies (promotion, wiring, etc.)  As such this text
should be non-normative to match the base text in Assembly to which
it applies.

Here is a suggested rewording of the text for this section.

3.5 Compatibility of Java Interfaces

The SCA Assembly Model specification [ASSEMBLY] defines a number of
criteria that need to be satisfied in order for two interfaces
to be compatible or have a compatible superset or subset relationship.
If these interfaces are both Java interfaces, compatibility also
means that every method that is present in both interfaces is defined
consistently in both interfaces with respect to the @OneWay annotation,
that is, the annotation is either present in both interfaces or absent
in both interfaces.

   Simon