Subject: Raw text of SCA Java TC conf call, 15th May 2009

AGENDA
 - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 11th May 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32534/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-05-11.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 17

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62

2. Deferred issues

a. The following issues are currently deferred in Jira. Should they be "un-deferred"
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10023&status=10001

3. New Issues

a. JAVA-116: SCA JEE Is dependency injection for HttpSessionBindingListener possible?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-116
Proposal in Jira

b. JAVA-118: EJB Binding: Need description for <wireFormat/> and <operationSelection/>
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-118
No proposal

c. JAVA-122: EJB Binding - Remove references to conversational function
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-122
Proposal in Jira

d. JAVA-124: JEE - Remove references to conversational function
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-124
Proposal in Jira

e. JAVA-149: SCA Spring C & I specification need to specify the limitations of implicit references
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-149
Proposal in Jira

f. JAVA-150: SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
Proposal in Jira

g. JAVA-160: Spring C&I sca-spring:reference element has a default attribute which is unexplained
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-160
No proposal

h. JAVA-163: Spring C&I sca-spring:reference element has a default attribute which is unexplained
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-163

4. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Jim Marino Individual (4)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (5)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (3)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (2)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath Individual (3)
Graham Charters IBM (2)
Mike Edwards IBM (9)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (11)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (9)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (10)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (11)
Yang Lei (7)
Simon Nash Individual (

Mike E scribes
Item 0 Agenda Bashing
Agenda unchanged
Item 1 Minutes for Previous Meeting
Accepted without change
Item 2 Deferred Issues
- EJB Binding
- Spring Implementation Type
Dave Booz: Issue#s - 24, 58,59,63,92,106,107,114,140 are the deferred Spring and EJB binding issues
Martin C1 sorry
Bryan moves that we suspend the rule which requires a 2/3rds majority to reopen issues for the list of issues which Dave Booz typed above (Spring and EJB Binding issues)
<Discussion of whether it is valid to do this>
Dave seconds
Mike E moves to reopen all the issues listed by Dave Booz above relating to EJB Binding and Spring Implementation
Bryan seconds
Bryan's motion to suspend the rule passes without objection
Mark Combellack: Just to confirm that the previous motion did pass without objection
Motion passes unanimously
anonymous morphed into anish
Issues 24,58,59,63,92,106,107,114,140 are now open again.
Item 3. New Issues
JAVA-118: EJB Binding: Need description for and
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-118
No proposal
Dave descibes the issue - caused by an extension added by Assembly
Bryan - these are in the base schemas so each Binding spec must do something with them
Mike E moves to open Issue 118
Plamen seconds
Motion carried unanimously
Issue 118 is opened
JAVA-122: EJB Binding - Remove references to conversational function
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-122
Proposal in Jira
Dave describes the issue, caused by the removal of conversational function
Dave moves to open Issue 122
Yang seconds
Motion carried unanimously
Issue 122 is opened
JAVA-149: SCA Spring C & I specification need to specify the limitations of implicit references
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-149
Proposal in Jira
Mike E outlines the issue
Mike E moves to open Issue 149
Dave B seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 149 is opened
JAVA-150: SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
Proposal in Jira
Mike E moves to open Issue 150
Dave B seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 150 is opened
JAVA-163: Spring C&I sca-spring:reference element has a default attribute which is unexplained
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-163
No proposal
Anish outlines the issue
Anish moves to open Issue 163
Dave B seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 163 is opened

Mark Combellack: The issues that we just undeferred are Issue#s - 24, 58,59,63,92,106,107,114,140

Item 4 Existing Issues
JAVA-140 Schema for @ejb-link-name is incorrect
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-140

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/25979/sca-jejbbinding-1.1-spec-wd-02.doc

Link above has the WD-02 version of the EJB Binding spec
Issue relates to Section 2 of that spec
Problem is that NCName cannot hold the "#" symbol
anish: dave, i assume you mean xs:anyURI
which is required in @ejb-link-name
So the proposal is to change its type to xs:anyURI
Bryan - why xs:anyURI rather than xs:string ?
Anish - it must point to a valid EJB, including jar and name within jar
which will have to be a constraint in the spec whichever formal type we choose
Bryan: given those rules that we shall have to specify, string carries less baggage than anyURI
Ashok: perhaps we can find a pattern which we can use to constrain the type (in which case string is OK)
Dave takes xs:string as the direction and will prepare a formal proposal based on this
JAVA-58 and JAVA-92
Mike E observes that these are really duplicates - and that there is an existing proposal for Issue 58 (from Dec 200
Mike will repost the proposal and send an email with a link to it
COB

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: