Subject: Re: [sca-j] JAVA-1: Moving the Domain URI from getService() to newInstance()

Simon,

I had not gone in for the enforcement of the one arg constructor in the vendor ClientFactory classes, although
the default FactoryFinder assumed its presence:

            Constructor<? extends SCAClientFactory> URIConstructor =
                    factoryImplClass.getConstructor(domainURI.getClass());

I can buy the argument for enforcement in the way you suggest and add the required constructor methods
to SCAClientFactory.

What is the argument for the protected getDomainURI() method on SCAClientFactory?  I can more easily see the argument
for a public version of such a method, although it did not seem essential, which is why I left it out (to keep it as simple as possible)

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/
> 33076/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev3%20Issue1%20rev%207.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/
> 33077/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev3%20Issue1%20rev%207.pdf
> >
> I took a quick look through this and I don't see anything to support
> the following requirement from my previous email about this:
>
> To make this work in the VendorA/VendorB situation that we have
> been discussing, it would be necessary to also do one of the
> following:
>   a) add additional methods setDomainURI() and getDomainURI() to
>      the SCAClientFactory abstract class
>   b) require every factory to have a one-argument constructor that
>      takes the domain URI as an argument.  This could be enforced by
>      putting a private no-argument constructor and a protected
>      one-argument contructor on the SCAClientFactory abstract class,
>      together with a protected concrete getDomainURI() method that
>      returns the domain URI.
> Of these two options, my preference is for b).
>
> Please refer to my previous email for more detail on why this
> is needed.

Unless stated otherwise above: