Subject: Re: [sca-j] Review comments on Java CAA TA Document

WRT the spec comments, I was hoping to get people thinking and get some mailing list discussion going. If no one bites, then I will walk the TC through the comments (the spec scoped comments from my review) on a telecon to get some reactions. There's probably somewhere between 5 and 10 of these, so it shouldn't take a lot of time. As we've seen in Policy and Assembly TCs, a review of the TA document often raises new questions (and sometimes causes re-consideration of closed issues - there's one of these in my comments) because of the slightly different perspective you take when you do this review. I don't want to spend the time blindly opening new issues. I'm still willing to believe that some of the things I've pointed out will turn out to be non-issues.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---07/16/2009 10:31:53 AM---Dave, Great - many thanks.  I hope that other folks will do Mike Edwards ---07/16/2009 10:31:53 AM---Dave, Great - many thanks. I hope that other folks will do a thorough review

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org

07/16/2009 10:31 AM

Re: [sca-j] Review comments on Java CAA TA Document

Dave,

Great - many thanks. I hope that other folks will do a thorough review like yours. It is very important to get a good review
of this document and I urge other folks on the TC to read through the TAs in detail - remember that the testcases will be
based on the test assertions document, so it is important to get the test assertions right.

What do you want to do about the various comments that actually relate to the specification itself? I can't do anything
about those in the TA document ;-) - do you want to raise issues for them?

Yours, Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com