Subject: RE: [sca-j] [SCA-J] Current open issue status

Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know about the proposals you plan to build. Much appreciated.

I’ve added your latest proposal for issue 59 to the agenda for the call today (Friday).

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Combellack| Software Developer| Avaya | Eastern Business Park | St. Mellons | Cardiff | CF3 5EA | Voice: +44 (0) 29 2081 7624 | mcombellack@avaya.com

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: 17 July 2009 09:37
To: OASIS Java

Mark,

I will build proposals for Issues 149, 167, 106, 163 once we have a resolution for Issue 58 (with luck, today).
My intention is to create a WD02 of the Spring spec based on the resolutions of Issues 58 and 164, which
then lays the groundwork for the text of the resolutions of the other issues.

Issue 59 now has an updated proposal that I just sent to the list.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

"Mark Combellack" <mcombellack@avaya.com>

"OASIS Java" <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>

16/07/2009 19:24

[sca-j] [SCA-J] Current open issue status

Hi,

I have been going through the list of Open issues for SCA-J [1] and classifying their current status. I’ve shown the breakdown below.

One thing that I have observed is that we have very few issues (one or two) that are in a position where we can make progress on them on the calls. We currently have 8 issues that are waiting for updated proposals which we will be able to discuss when the updates are completed.

To ensure that we continue making progress (and don’t run out of items for the agendas), could I encourage everyone to look at the list below and see if they update/produce proposals for these open issues.

I realise that everyone is likely to be busy so any extra effort you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

From [1] http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10023&status=1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

Ready for progress on the call

JAVA-58           SCA Spring C&I Specification does not have a normative definition of how to calculate the ComponentType of a Spring Application context

Possibly ready for progress on the call

JAVA-127          Long running request/response operations

Waiting for updated proposal (with action item for the update)
JAVA-149          SCA Spring C & I specification need to specify the limitations of implicit references (AI: Mike E)
JAVA-150          SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files. (AI: Ram)
JAVA-166          Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations (AI: Anish)
JAVA-167          SCA Spring C & I specification should make type attribute as optional for <sca:service/> element (AI: Mike E)

Waiting for updated proposal

JAVA-46           equals() method on ServiceReference and CallableReference (Last updated by: Mark C)
JAVA-59           SCA Spring C & I specification does not state what happens when a Bean exposed as a service implements mutliple interfaces (Last updated by: Mike E)
JAVA-155          Inconsistent normative statements in Chapter 10 (Last updated by: Simon N)
JAVA-168          Conversion rules for property values are not specified (Last updated by: Simon N)

No proposal

JAVA-13           ComponentContext.getProperty(...) ill defined
JAVA-51           More examples on <interface.wsdl> mapping to Java
JAVA-54           Section 7.1 of the Java CAA Specification is unclear
JAVA-62           Clarify what a Component Implementation can do with threads
JAVA-63           SCA Spring C & I specification does not state whether Constructor Injection should be supported
JAVA-78           Need API to set EPR and for a reference invocation
JAVA-106          RFC2119 Language is needed for Spring C&I Specification
JAVA-107          RFC2119 Language is needed for the EJB Binding Specification
JAVA-156          Intent annotations are missing from Java CAA as compared to Policy FW spec
JAVA-163          Spring C&I sca-spring:reference element has a default attribute which is unexplained

Blocked by other proposals

JAVA-92           Spring C&I spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated (Blocked by JAVA-58)
JAVA-114          Spring CI runtime behaviour when annotation rules are violated (Blocked by 166)

Mark Combellack| Software Developer| Avaya | Eastern Business Park | St. Mellons | Cardiff | CF3 5EA | Voice: +44 (0) 29 2081 7624 | mcombellack@avaya.com

Unless stated otherwise above: