Subject: Raw text from Java TC call, 7th August 2009

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 3rd August 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33626/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-08-03.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 22
- SCA-J Public Review
    Started: 8th June 2009
    Ends:    7th August 2009

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62
2009-05-11-01: Editors: remove extra space on line 767 of CD01 (PDF)
2009-06-19-01: Mike E to prepare a detailed proposal for Issue 149
2009-07-06-01: Dave B to raise to liaison (so that other C&Is can consider and possibly assembly) that non-XML based C&Is should state how the conversion of property values happens
2009-07-13-01: Mike E to produce text for JAVA-167
2009-07-13-03: Anish to create a proposal for the list of annotations which make sense for JAVA-166
2009-07-17-01: Mike to create an example of the componentType introspection (JAVA-5
2009-07-27-01: Chairs to find potential replacement time for one or both of the cancelled calls.
2009-07-27-02: Mike E to prepare set of slides for Issue 127

2. New Issues

None

3. Open Issues

a. JAVA-106: RFC2119 Language is needed for Spring C&I Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-106
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00011.html
MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33681/sca-springci-1.1-spec-WD02%20Issue106v4.doc
PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33682/sca-springci-1.1-spec-WD02%2BIssue106v4.pdf

b. JAVA-173: SCA Spring C & I specification should mention how implicit services should be determined for special bean definitions
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-173
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00006.html

c. JAVA-175: SCA Spring C & I specification should use "id" of the bean to uniquely identify a bean instead of its name
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-175
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00007.html

d. JAVA-163: Spring C&I sca-spring:reference element has a default attribute which is unexplained
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-163
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00014.html

e. JAVA-107: RFC2119 Language is needed for the EJB Binding Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-107
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200907/msg00100.html
PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33580/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-wd-04%20issue107_v3.pdf
MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33579/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-wd-04%20issue107_v3.doc
Latest discussion: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200907/msg00111.html

f. JAVA-150: SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200907/msg00083.html

4. Issues waiting for updated proposals

a. JAVA-149: SCA Spring C & I specification need to specify the limitations of implicit references
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-149
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal

b. JAVA-114: Spring CI runtime behaviour when annotation rules are violated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-114
Proposal in Jira
Blocked by JAVA-166

c. JAVA-166: Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-166
Waiting for list of Annotations (Anish Action Item)

d. JAVA-167: SCA Spring C & I specification should make type attribute as optional for <sca:service/> element
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-167
Outline proposal in Jira
Waiting for full proposal (Mike E Action Item)

5. Issues with no proposals

a. JAVA-63: SCA Spring C & I specification does not state whether Constructor Injection should be supported
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-63
No proposal

b. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

6. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (12)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (11)
Graham Charters IBM (5)
Mike Edwards IBM (12)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (13)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (14)
Yang Lei (10)
Simon Nash Individual (10)
Scribe: Martin C
Topic: agenda
Agenda approved
Topic: Minutes
Approval of minutes for 3rd August 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33626/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-08-03.doc
no comments, minutes approved
topic: admin
PR finishes today
Topic: action items
all ongoing
topic: new issues
none
topic: open issues
 issue 106
latest proposal at http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-106
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00011.html
MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33681/sca-springci-1.1-spec-WD02%20Issue106v4.doc
PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33682/sca-springci-1.1-spec-WD02%2BIssue106v4.pdf
appendix A 467-468
mike goes through changes
Mike E moves to resolve issue 106 with the proposal linked above
2nd Yang
Passed w/o
Action: Mike to create wd03 for the spring spec
Issue 173
Martin C: JAVA-173: SCA Spring C & I specification should mention how implicit services should be determined for special bean definitions
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-173
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00006.html
Martin C: Ram goes over his proposal
Martin C: Anish seeks some clarifications
Martin C: i cant minute fax tones
Ramkumar R: I got disconnected... will dial back
Mark Combellack: Ok we shall wait for you to return
anish: can we specify the package?
Martin C: suggestion to update proposal when wd03 is produced
Martin C: Ram will update proposal
Martin C: Issua 175
Martin C: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-175
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00007.html
Martin C: Ram goes over his proposal
Mike Edwards: Ram - Spring allows 0 or 1 IDs and 0..n names for a bean - and they must ALL be unique, according to the Spring documentation
Mike Edwards: so you can use any one of them
Mike Edwards: it is also true that a Bean can be defined WITHOUT an ID OR a name
Martin C: can someone take over scribe for a few minutes
anish: this is what the doc says:
anish: "Every bean has one or more ids (also called identifiers, or names; these terms refer to the same thing). These ids must be unique within the container the bean is hosted in. A bean will almost always have only one id, but if a bean has more than one id, the extra ones can essentially be considered aliases.

When using XML-based configuration metadata, you use the 'id' or 'name' attributes to specify the bean identifier(s)."
Martin C: back
Mark Combellack: Outline algorithm: Take the first ID if set. If not take the first name. If neither ID or name set then don't expose service
Mark Combellack: Outline algorithm: Take the ID if set. If not take the first name. If neither ID or name set then don't expose service
Martin C: Ram will revise his proposal using this outline algorithm
Mark Combellack: (Ram's updated proposal to be based on Spring WD03)
Martin C: Issue 163
Martin C: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-163
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00014.html
Martin C: Anish goes over his proposal
Martin C: Anish Moves to close issue 163 no action, 2nd Mike e
Martin C: passed w/o
Martin C: Issue 107
Martin C: Dave on loa so skip over
Martin C: Issue 150
Martin C: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200907/msg00083.html
Ram describes his proposal.
Mike: Why the 2 different approaches here?
Anish: These are 2 alternatives and we should choose 1
Ram: These are 2 alternatives either of which should work
Anish: Can either of these approaches allow a reference to made in 1 app context file which is to a bean in another app context file
?
Ram: Essentially yes, it is possible to make a reference of that kind
Time folks
COB

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: