Subject: [sca-j] Java TC Aug 28th minutes(raw)

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 24th August 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33940/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-08-24.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 21
- SCA-J CAA and C&I Public Review ended on 7th August 2009
- Reminder: No calls on Monday 31st August and Monday 7th September. Friday calls still on.

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62
2009-07-06-01: Dave B to raise to liaison (so that other C&Is can consider and possibly assembly) that non-XML based C&Is should state how the conversion of property values happens
2009-07-13-03: Anish to create a proposal for the list of annotations which make sense for JAVA-166
2009-07-17-01: Mike to create an example of the componentType introspection (JAVA-5http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/glasses.gif
2009-07-27-02: Mike E to prepare set of slides for Issue 127

2. Vote the EJB binding to CD01

Discuss whether we should vote to publish EJB Binding CD01
(The approval of a Committee Draft shall require a Full Majority Vote - i.e. over 50% of all voting members)
Latest WD PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33809/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf
Latest WD MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/33808/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-wd-05.doc

3. New Issues

a. JAVA-178: Wrong uri specified for the SCA JSP TagLib
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-178
Proposal in Jira (Mark)

b. JAVA-179: Need type support for @Property when used with SDO
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-179
Proposal in Jira as 2 word documents (Dave)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10541/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03%2Bissue179.doc
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10540/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev1%2Bissue179.doc

c. JAVA-180: Wrong uri specified for the SCA JSP TagLib
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-180
Duplicate of JAVA-178 (Mark)

d. JAVA-181: Catch 22 when trying to prevent property introspection
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-181
Proposal in Jira (Simon)

4. Open Issues

a. JAVA-156: Intent annotations are missing from Java CAA as compared to Policy FW spec
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-156
Latest proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00085.html (Dave)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33944/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03%20issue156v1.doc

b. JAVA-172: Java CAA spec - Incorrect use of RFC2119 keywords
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-172
Proposal in Jira (Dave)

c. JAVA-171: Duplicate normative statements in Java CI and Java CAA
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-171
Proposal in Jira (Dave)

d. JAVA-155: Inconsistent normative statements in Chapter 10
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-155
Discuss - What do we do next? (Simon)

e. JAVA-103: @Remotable annotation incorrectly marked as optional in Java EE spec
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-103
Proposal in Jira (Mike)

f. JAVA-150: SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files.
   JAVA-173: SCA Spring C & I specification should mention how implicit services should be determined for special bean definitions
   JAVA-175: SCA Spring C & I specification should use "id" of the bean to uniquely identify a bean instead of its name
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-173
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-175
Latest proposal containing updates for JAVA-150, JAVA-173 and JAVA-175 (Ram)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33936/sca-springci-1%5B1%5D.1-spec-WD04-Issue173-175-150.doc

g. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal

h. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
No proposal

i. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
No proposal

j. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
No proposal

5. Issues waiting for updated proposals

a. JAVA-114: Spring CI runtime behaviour when annotation rules are violated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-114
Proposal in Jira
Blocked by JAVA-166

b. JAVA-166: Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-166
Waiting for list of Annotations (Anish Action Item)

c. JAVA-90: Java EE Spec: Section 5.1.1 normative change needs ratifying
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-90
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Dave)

d. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

e. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

6. Issues with no proposals

a. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

7. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (12)
Graham Charters IBM (5)
Simon Nash Individual (10)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (12)
Mike Edwards IBM (12)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (14)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (16)
Yang Lei IBM (11)
Plamen: Scribe: Plamen
Plamen: Agenda bashing
Plamen: no updates
Plamen: Approval of minutes for 24th August 2009
Plamen: no objections to approve the minutes
Plamen: Administration
Ashok Mark, I'm on the call
Plamen: no calls on the next 2 mondays
Plamen: Action Items
Plamen: no updates of the Action items
Plamen: Vote the EJB binding to CD01
Plamen: Dave describes the status
anonymous morphed into anish
Plamen: Bryan, what about the copyrights?
Plamen: Mike and Martin, this could be done later
Plamen: Motion: Dave moves to make WD05 of EJB binding to be CD01, Mike seconds
Plamen: motion passes without objections
anish: will we be publishing this CD?
Plamen: Anish and Martin, it makes sense to publish the CD
Mike Edwards: +1 to publish
Plamen: New Issues
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-178
Plamen: Mark walk us through the issue
anish: looks like we can resolve it now
Plamen: Motion: Mark moves to open JAVA-178, Mike seconds
Plamen: no objections, motion passes and the issue is opened
Plamen: Motion: Mark moves to resolve JAVA-178 with proposal in the JIRA, Mike seconds
Plamen: no objections, JAVA-178 is resolved
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-179
Plamen: Dave describes the issue
Plamen: Motion: Dave moves to JAVA-179, Bryan seconds
Plamen: no objections, JAVA-179 is opened
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-180
Plamen: duplications of existing issue
anish: close as dup of 178
Plamen: Motion: Mike moves to close JAVA-180 with no action, Bryan seconds
Plamen: no objections, JAVA-180 is closed
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-181
Plamen: Mike run us through the issue as Simon in not on the call
Plamen: Dave, what about if one do not have @Service
Plamen: Motion: Mike moves to open JAVA-181 extending it to cover the case of automated service introspection, Dave seconds
Plamen: no objections, motion passes and JAVA-181 is opened
Plamen: 4. Open Issues
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-156
Plamen: Dave describes the proposal
Plamen: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33944/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03%20issue156v1.doc
anish: i have a Q that is only slightly related to this issue: it seems like the CI doc requires that all the annotations be supported by the runtime. I.e. the policy spec does not require that all the intents be supported but if you support JavaCI you must
Ashok: Anish, there is an issue in the Policy TC re. whether all intents shd be supported
anish: ashok, but as of now support for all intents is not required per policy. right?
Plamen: Mike, why none of transaction intents related to binding were not seen
Ashok: Yes, Anish, that is correct ... your question is worth asking
Plamen: Dave, Constants file was updated as needed for the examples
Plamen: Mike, it makes sense to raise an issue about changes in the Constants class
Mike Edwards: I believe that all the intent annotations MUST be regarded as valid
Mike Edwards: a runtime can choose not to satisfy any given intent
Mike Edwards: but that is very different
Mike Edwards: what I don't expect to happen is that a Java class will get rejected just because it has eg. @ManagedSharedTransaction annotation
Mike Edwards: the whole deployment may fail because the runtime cannot/does not honour the managedSharedTransaction intent
Plamen: Motion: Dave moves to resolve Java-156 with described proposal, Ashok seconds
Plamen: motion passes without objections, JAVA-156 is resolved
Plamen: Issue: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-172
Plamen: Dave describes the proposal
anish: +1
Mike Edwards: Here is proposed text for d)
Mike Edwards: For SCA reference interfaces defined using interface.java, the SCA runtime MUST accept a Java interface which contains the additional client-side asynchronous polling and callback methods defined by JAX-WS. [JCA100007
anish thinking about whether there is a better word than 'accept'
Plamen: s/accept/support/
Plamen: Anish, what about part e) there is no corresponding proposal
Plamen: Dave, we could ignore e)
Plamen: Anish, agree
Dave Booz: motion: m:Dave "resolve 172 with parts b) and c) form the JIRA proposal and part d) from minutes"
Plamen: Mike seconds
Plamen: no objections, motion passes and JAVA-172 is resolved
Plamen: Straggler roll call
Plamen: next meeting, next Friday
Plamen: COB