Subject: Raw Text from TC call of Monday 28 September 2009

Folks,

Here is the raw text:

AGENDA
 - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 21st September 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34410/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-09-21.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 22
- SCA-J CAA and C&I Public Review ended on 7th August 2009

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:
2009-09-11-02: Simon to write up proposal for JAVA-181 based on emerging consensus from meeting on 2009-09-11

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62
2009-07-06-01: Dave B to raise to liaison (so that other C&Is can consider and possibly assembly) that non-XML based C&Is should state how the conversion of property values happens
2009-07-13-03: Anish to create a proposal for the list of annotations which make sense for JAVA-166
2009-07-17-01: Mike to create an example of the componentType introspection (JAVA-5
2009-07-27-02: Mike E to prepare set of slides for Issue 127

2. New Working Drafts of various specification documents

a. SCA EJB Binding CD01 published (Dave)
See: http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-j/?D=D

b. CAA Test Cases (Mike)
See: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34405/sca-j-caa-1.1-testcases-wd01.odt

3. New Issues

a. JAVA-185: Conformance statement JCA90045 is over-restrictive
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-185
Proposal in Jira (Simon)

4. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (JAA and C&I)

a. JAVA-181: Catch 22 when trying to prevent property introspection
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-181 (Simon)
Updated proposal MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/34421/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2%20issue181.doc
Updated proposal PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/34422/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1%20issue181.doc

5. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (Spring/EJB/JEE)

None

6. Test Assertions Documents (For later review)

a. SCA Pojo CI Test Assertions document
First pass of the Test Assertions document for SCA POJO CI specification (Dave)
See: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00094.html
PDF (updated): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34023/SCA_POJO_CI_Test_Assertions_1.pdf
ODT (updated): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34024/SCA_POJO_CI_Test_Assertions_1.odt

b. EJB Binding Test Assertions document
First pass of the Test Assertions document for the SCA EJB Binding specification (Dave)
See: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200909/msg00004.html
PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34028/SCA_EJB_Binding_Test_Assertions_1.pdf
ODT: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34029/SCA_EJB_Binding_Test_Assertions_1.odt

7. Issues waiting for updated proposals (JAA and C&I)

a. JAVA-127: Long running request/response operations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-127
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00089.html
Waiting for presentation slides (Mike)

b. JAVA-168: Conversion rules for property values are not specified
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-168
Proposed direction: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200907/msg00004.html
Waiting for full proposal (Simon)

c. JAVA-46: equals() method on ServiceReference and CallableReference
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-46
Waiting for updated proposal (Mark)

d. JAVA-54: Section 7.1 of the Java CAA Specification is unclear
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-154
Waiting for proposal (Mike)

e. JAVA-62: Clarify what a Component Implementation can do with threads
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-62
Waiting for proposal (Mark)

f. JAVA-155: Inconsistent normative statements in Chapter 10
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-155
Discuss - What do we do next?
Waiting for updated proposal (Simon)

g. JAVA-171: Duplicate normative statements in Java CI and Java CAA
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-171
Waiting for updated proposal (Dave)

h. JAVA-179: Need type support for @Property when used with SDO
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-179
Proposal in Jira as 2 word documents (Dave)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10541/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03%2Bissue179.doc
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10540/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev1%2Bissue179.doc
Simon's JAXB annotation investigation: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200909/msg00024.html
Waiting for updated proposal (Dave)

i. JAVA-184: Method Exclusion
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-184
Waiting for updated proposal (Bryan)

8. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)

a. JAVA-114: Spring CI runtime behaviour when annotation rules are violated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-114
Proposal in Jira
Blocked by JAVA-166

b. JAVA-166: Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-166
Waiting for list of Annotations (Anish Action Item)

c. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

d. JAVA-182: SCA Spring C & I specs needs to refactor text under abstract and introduction
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-182
No proposal (Ram)

e. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

f. JAVA-150: SCA Spring C & I specification need to mention how SCA runtime should load multiple application context files.
JAVA-173: SCA Spring C & I specification should mention how implicit services should be determined for special bean definitions
JAVA-175: SCA Spring C & I specification should use "id" of the bean to uniquely identify a bean instead of its name
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-150
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-173
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-175
Latest proposal containing updates for JAVA-150, JAVA-173 and JAVA-175 (Ram)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33936/sca-springci-1%5B1%5D.1-spec-WD04-Issue173-175-150.doc
Waiting for updated proposal (Ram)

g. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)

h. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)

i. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
Waiting for updated proposal

j. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list

9. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (12)
Graham Charters IBM (5)
Mike Edwards IBM (13)
Yang Lei IBM (11)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (13)
Simon Nash Individual (11)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (17)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (15)
Scribe: Mike Edwards
Agenda Bashing
No changes
anonymous morphed into Simon Nash
Approval of Minutes for Meeting of 21st September
Minutes are approved without changes
Item 0 Administrivia
22 open issues
Item 1 Action Items
2009-09-11-02: Simon to write up proposal for JAVA-181
Done
All other items are ongoing
Item 2 New Working Drafts of various specification documents

a. SCA EJB Binding CD01 published (Dave)
See: http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-j/?D=D
Mary has made the spec available publicly.
Dave: We're waiting on the RDDL update from the Assembly TC
b. CAA Test Cases (Mike)
See: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34405/sca-j-caa-1.1-testcases-wd01.odt
b. CAA Test Cases (Mike)
See: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34405/sca-j-caa-1.1-testcases-wd01.odt
Dave: Mike and I are working on testcases and the document was published as a way for us to share updates to it.
It is not yet ready for review.
Item 3. New Issues

a. JAVA-185: Conformance statement JCA90045 is over-restrictive
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-185
Proposal in Jira (Simon)
Simon introduces the issue.
Simon moves to open Issue 185
Mike seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 185 is open
Simon discusses the proposal which is in the JIRA
Simon moves to resolve Issue 185 with the proposal in the JIRA
Dave seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 185 is resolved using the proposal in the JIRA
Item 4. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (JAA and C&I)

a. JAVA-181: Catch 22 when trying to prevent property introspection
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-181 (Simon)
Updated proposal MS Word: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/34421/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2%20issue181.doc
Updated proposal PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/34422/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1%20issue181.doc
Simon discusses the updated proposal contained in the 2 documents above, starting with the Java C&I document
- Section 2.3
- Section 8.1
- simply merged the previously separate sections for services, properties & references
Next the Java CAA document
- Section 10.26
- removed JCA90059 normative statement
Simon moves to resolve Issue 181 with the proposal linked from the Agenda
Mike seconds
Motion pass unanimously
Issue 181 is resolved with the proposal linked from the Agenda
Item 6. Test Assertions Documents (For later review)

a. SCA Pojo CI Test Assertions document
First pass of the Test Assertions document for SCA POJO CI specification (Dave)
See: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200908/msg00094.html
PDF (updated): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34023/SCA_POJO_CI_Test_Assertions_1.pdf
ODT (updated): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34024/SCA_POJO_CI_Test_Assertions_1.odt
Dave reviews the document above
- Section 2
- Section 3
note section 3 & 4 have no normative statements
- Section 5
- JCI-TA-5002
<discussion of whether this should be a single TA or multiple TA>
Dave: There would be 6 TAs to cover all possible combinations
Bryan: Don't think you need to have TAs for the singleton cases or for the "all 3" case
Action 20090928-01: Dave to restructure JCI-TA-5002 into multiple TAs with simpler predicates
- JCI-TA-5003 & JCI-TA-5004
<discussion about simplifying this to a single TA>
Action 20090928-02: Dave to raise an issue to simplify [JCI50002] normative statement & reduce JCI-TA-5003 & JCI-TA-5004 to a single TA
- JCI-TA-5005
anonymous morphed into Pradeep
ACTION 20090928-03: Dave to raise an issue to simplify [JCI50005] (and JCI-TA-5005)
ACTION 20090928-04: Dave to update the TA document to point to the CD01-Rev1 of the spec mdocument
JCI-TA-6001
Mike: I'd deal with each scope separately
(2 TAs)
- Section 8
<discussion of the structure of the TAs for this section - single TAs for many tests or multiple TAs>
Simon: how would you run a test that checks the "only" statement in these predicates?
Simon: How do you test the presence of the @policySets
?
Simon: It would be great if an SCA runtime had to provide an API to inspect the componentType of an implementation
Action 20080928-05: Dave to look at unstated prereqs for JCI-TA-8005/8006
- JCI-TA-8007
Mark Combellack: Warning: Approx 5 minutes left
Mike: I don't like "if" statements in Predicates - prefer this to be dealt with in the prereqs
- JCI-TA-80/8009
Mike: There are unstated prereqs for these - there need to be multiple references/properties
Stopped at the end of Section 8
COB

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: