Subject: Re: [sca-j] Can we use method-level Intent/PolicySet annotations in the java component implementation class to express implementation QoS requirements?

Hi,

I agree it's not the best design to have different transactional semantics for operations on the same service contract. However, I have ran into a number of cases where this is needed for a client. One case is operation-level metering (a SAAS multi-tenant environment) and SLA metrics.

I don't really follow the comment about stateful components. JTA transactions for example are associated with an execution context, not a component implementation instance, so scope is orthogonal in this case. This is also the case for our metering and SLA policies as they are associated with the subject of the execution context.

Jim