Subject: ISSUE 168: Conversion rules for property values are not specified -proposal

Attached is an updated Java CAA proposal and a new Java CI proposal. Changes are as we discussed.

From Mike's email:

2.1.5 talks about "valid JAXB annotated class" and so avoids saying anything about:
a) primitive types
b) types that are unannotated classes

I added the words for a primitive types. I still don't think we should say anything about un-annotated JAXB classes because I believe it close the door on other databinding technologies.

I am not sure I understand the logic of forcing the XML schema to Java mapping to be the default one.

I agree. The words I chose unintentionally threw out the JAXB XML annotations. What I don't want to do is specify the Java plugin customization APIs. I decided we can do that by simply saying nothing about that, so I deleted the offending text.

The MUST NOT requirement is really a case in which the componentType of the implementation does
not match the configuration of the component using the implementation.

I note that the requirement for the type of the <component> <property> to match the type of the equivalent
<componentType> <property> is a normative requirement of the SCA Assembly spec....<snip>

Agree, but since the Java CAA spec talks about lifecycle state transitions, I feel a restatement is justified.

I am of the opinion that the material that is in 2.1.5 should be in section 10.20 on "@Property"

As I said in my original email, I'm sympathetic also, so I moved it to @Property. This is also what triggered the need to expand the resolution to include the Java CI so that the unannotated case could be covered.

(See attached file: sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1+Issue168_v2.doc)(See attached file: sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2_issue168.doc)

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com