Subject: Raw log of 2009-12-07 chat

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 30th November 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35443/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-11-30.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 15

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2009-07-06-01: Dave B to raise to liaison (so that other C&Is can
consider and possibly assembly) that non-XML based C&Is should state how
the conversion of property values happens
2009-07-13-03: Anish to create a proposal for the list of annotations
which make sense for JAVA-166
2009-07-17-01: Mike to create an example of the componentType
introspection (JAVA-5
2009-09-28-05: Dave to look at unstated prereqs for JCI-TA-8005/8006
2009-11-09-01: Anish to point out specific locations for editorial
corrections (s/./,/) for issue 150 proposal.

2. New Issues (Requires 2/3rds)

None

3. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (JAA and C&I)

a. JAVA-127: Long running request/response operations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-127 (Mike/Anish)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/msg00051.html
Updated proposal (PDF):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35238/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1_Issue127b.pdf
Updated proposal (MS Word):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35237/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1_Issue127b.doc
Presentation slides (Java_Issue_127_Long_Running_Operations_01.odp)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/bin00000.bin
Alternative proposal from Anish:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/msg00003.html

b. JAVA-168: Conversion rules for property values are not specified
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-168 (Dave)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/msg00002.html
Updated proposal:
sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1+Issue168_v2.doc:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/doc00000.doc
sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2_issue168.doc:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/doc00001.doc

4. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (Spring/EJB/JEE)

None

5. Other

a. Updated version of the POJO TestCases document and artifacts
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/msg00055.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35249/sca-j-pojo-ci-1.1-testcases-wd02.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35248/sca-j-pojo-ci-1.1-testcases-wd02.odt

6. Issues waiting for updated proposals (JAA and C&I)

a. JAVA-46: equals() method on ServiceReference and CallableReference
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-46
Waiting for updated proposal (Mark)

b. JAVA-54: Section 7.1 of the Java CAA Specification is unclear
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-154
Waiting for proposal (Mike)

c. JAVA-179: Need type support for @Property when used with SDO
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-179
Proposal in Jira as 2 word documents (Dave)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10541/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03%2Bissue179.doc
http://www.osoa.org/jira/secure/attachment/10540/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev1%2Bissue179.doc
Simon's JAXB annotation investigation:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200909/msg00024.html
Waiting for updated proposal (Dave)

d. JAVA-192: JAX-WS annotations imply a WSDL based binding (binding.ws)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-192 (Dave)
Waiting for updated proposal (Dave)

7. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)

a. JAVA-166: Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-166
Waiting for list of Annotations (Anish Action Item)

b. JAVA-114: Spring CI runtime behaviour when annotation rules are violated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-114
Proposal in Jira
Blocked by JAVA-166

c. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations
in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

d. JAVA-182: SCA Spring C & I specs needs to refactor text under
abstract and introduction
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-182
No proposal (Ram)

e. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

f. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a
component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)

g. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is
calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)

h. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
Waiting for updated proposal

i. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the
implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list

8. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Graham Charters IBM (5)
Yang Lei IBM (11)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (3)
Simon Nash Individual (11)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (13)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (14)
Mike Edwards IBM (15)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (16)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (20)

anish: Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

anish: scribeNick: anish

anish: Topic: agenda bashing

anish: new item wrt call duration under administration

anish: Topic: approval of 2009-11-30 minutes

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35443/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-11-30.doc

anish: Resolution: minutes of 2009-11-30 located at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35443/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-11-30.doc
approved w/o

anish: Topic: issue status

anish: 15 open issues

anish: Topic: administration

anish: discussion on call time/duration

anish: proposal to start 30 minutes later and reduce the call to 60 minutes

anish: motion m:mikeE s: anish new call time mondays 8-9 pacific

anish: motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution: sca-j calls will be on mondays 8-9 pacific

anish: topic: AI review

anish: no change from what is in the agenda

anish: topic: issue 127

Mike Edwards: Anish outlines the alternative proposal

anish: discussion on anish's proposal

anish: Mike suggested that this be taken off-line

anish: Topic: JAVA-168

anish: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-168 (Dave)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/msg00048.html
Updated proposal (sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1+Issue168.doc):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/doc00003.doc

anish: Dave walks through his proposal

anish: Updated proposal:
sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd03-rev1+Issue168_v2.doc:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/doc00000.doc
sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2_issue168.doc:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200912/doc00001.doc

anish: MikeE: problem of unannotated java class falling thru the cracks

anish: ... JAXB will map unannotated classes, but this proposal does not
address it

anish: Dave: let the runtime figure out how to map that case

anish: MikeE: would like some non-normative wordings to describe how
this gap is handled

anish: Anish: we require jaxb for primitive types, but say in the spec
that SDO support is a MAY

anish: ... we should make sure that SDO support is possible

anish: Dave: targeting SDO 3.0, think the primitive mapping is the same
but will check

anish: MikeE: in the POJO CI spec, section 4.1, it only talks about JAXB
mapping

anish: ... does not allow other mappings

anish: MikeE: where is it stated what the XML type is

anish: Dave: section 8 of POJO CI spec

anish: MikeE: can't see any statement about type compatibility between
the XML and the java type

anish: ... should be in the CT

anish: ACTION: MikeE to raise a new issue against the POJO C&I spec,
section 8, relating to XML mapping of property field

anish: ACTION: MikeE to raise a new issue against the POJO C&I spec,
section 8, relating to XML mapping of property field to say that default
is JAXB, but others are allowed (in the general case)

anish: Dave: will fix 4.1 section in POJO CI to allow other mappings

anish: Topic: Updated version of the POJO TestCases document and artifacts

anish: Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200911/msg00055.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35249/sca-j-pojo-ci-1.1-testcases-wd02.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/35248/sca-j-pojo-ci-1.1-testcases-wd02.odt

anish: MikeE: the tests are complete, but fixing bugs

anish: ... running against Tuscany

anish: ... Tuscany guys have fixed most/all of the problems

anish: Mark: we should consider having a public review

anish: Dave: would like schedule discussion -- issues that we have open:
26 (Mark working on it), 54 (MikeE working on it), 127 (still in works),
128 (almost done), 179 and 192

anish: ... the other issues are related to spring/EE

anish: ... we are close to a new CD for POJO and CAA

anish: ... we should do CD first before test PR

anish: MikeE: we can overlap 2nd PR with test PR

anish: Dave: hoping to have just on test PR (if based on the new CD)

anish: MikeE: bug fixes isn't major change

anish: Dave: we have also changed the NS in assembly

anish: Anish: what about EJB binding

anish: Dave: just one

anish: MikeE: we should do a reconciliation of spec/tests before PR to
make sure that no spec changes affect the tests

anish: Topic: issue 46

anish: Mark: the issue still exists, but our internal team has backed
away from the approach they were proposing. Does any one else think that
this is a problem?\

Mark Combellack: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-46

anish: Dave: don't have product requirements from our side. The Q is of
completeness

anish: Mark: was going to proposal CNA, but want to check what others
thought

anish: ... currently equals() is unspecified

anish: MikeE: i think currently it is the default of Object. I.e., has
to be the same instance

anish: MikeE: i think we need a different method like isTargetEquals()

anish: ... what about same target over different bindings

anish: Mark: yes

anish: Dave: can also limit it to a domain, which limits it to SCA binding

anish: anish: what about bindings that have different intents (say reliable)

anish: Mark: y, they would be different

anish: Dave: would have to define what an end point is and what
attributes are taken into account for that

anish: ... fine with CNA

anish: motion: m:mikeE s:dave close issue 46 with no action

anish: motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution: issue 46 closed with no action

anish: Topic: annotations in spring

anish: Anish: gone back and forth on this issue, currently leaning
towards saying don't say anything and if there is demand we can add it later

anish: ... will send an email

anish: Meeting adjourned