Subject: ISSUE 192: JAX-WS annotations imply a WSDL based binding (binding.ws) -proposal

Attached is a proposal for the subject issue [1].

The underlying issues are non-trivial so please take some time to review.
Please keep in mind a few things:
1) This resolution is heavily related to JAVA-184 [2] which was resolved
back on Nov 9,2009. 184 introduced quite a few rules for the effects of
JAX-WS annotations on interfaces and the effective componentType.  Since
there is no spec revision with 184 in it, I based my proposal on a copy of
rev2 which contains the 184 resolution.  I accepted all changes BEFORE
adding text for 192 so you will not see the 184 changes highlighted.
2) Unlike 184, this issue only affects the effective componentType so only
the Java POJO spec had to be modified.
3) The assembly spec does support binding instances in the effective
componentType and defines rules for how to override them in
components/composites.
4) JAVA-184 introduces the SOAP intent into the effective componentType in
some cases, but that in itself doesn't necessarily cause the right JAX-WS
compliant WSDL binding to be used.
5) Since componentType bindings can be overridden in components/composites,
there is still value in retaining the SOAP intent attachment rules defined
by 184.

If we can do the word-smithing in email the telecon will go more smoothly.

(See attached file: sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2 Issue 192.doc)

[1] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-192
[2] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-184

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd01-rev2 Issue 192.doc