Subject: Converting component property values to language specific instances

Hello TC Reps,

Issue JAVA-168 [1] was opened to address the lack of rules in the Java SCA
specs for converting property values specified in component definitions
(which is essentially a string/XML representation) to a specific
programming language representation.  As part of opening this issue, I took
an action to notify the other SCA TCs to consider the need for these rules.
At the time the AI was assigned, it was noted that the Assembly spec might
consider a simple statement that C&I specs should account for this
conversion. It was also noted that other Language binding specs also need
to consider rules for this kind of conversion.

I do not believe a Liason TC telecon is needed to discuss this matter.

This completes my SCA-J AI 2009-07-06-01.  Better late than never.

[1] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-168

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com