Subject: Re: [sca-j] File names for our specs

Hi everyone,

  Some answers inline.

Regards,

Mary

On 11/3/10 6:42 PM, "Anish Karmarkar" <Anish.Karmarkar@Oracle.COM> wrote:

>On the last call a question was asked about whether our current spec
>filenames have to change given the new process and the move from CD->CSD
>
>Per the Naming Directives doc
>(http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html),
>the file name should be as follows:
>
>[WP-abbrev][version-id]-[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber].[ext]
>
>For example our Java CAA spec would be:
>sca-javacaa-v1.1csd06.pdf
>
>There are three differences from what we have now
>(sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd06.pdf):
>1) We use CD and not CSD.

As of 15 October 2010, CD is no longer a valid stage. Assuming the work is
on the Standards Track, the appropriate approval stage is Committee
Specification Draft, abbreviated CSD

>If this is changed to CSD, a related question
>is whether revisionNumbers would be continuation of our CD revision
>number OR whether we would start from 01?

CSD 15 Oct plus is equivalent to CD prior to 15 Oct. Continue with the
numbering progression already in place.

>2) We do not use the character "v" before the version number.
>3) We use 'spec' in the filename (kinda redundant IMHO)

Directory/filenames for specs that have already been uploaded at least
once to docs.oasis-open.org will remain consistent with existing patterns.