Subject: Re: [sca-j] Filename for POJO testcase PR doc

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Mike Edwards wrote:

> Robin,
>
> I appreciate the desire for the use of directories and I am sure we can adopt them.
>
> However, I fail to see how directories have anything to do with the name of a single file, and
> in particular why this name has been chosen:
>
> sca-j-pojo-ci-1.1-testcases-1.0-csprd01.pdf
>
> - in this case, our concern is the "1.0" that has been added in a filename that already contains a "1.1"

I agree 100% with the concern.  While we respect (to some degree) the
concept of opacity in URIs, we (I) also think it's useful for
filenames (in URIs) to be as suggestive and intuitive
as possible.  In the case above, I'd guess that someone unfamiliar
with the TC's work would not have much of a clue as to what
"1.1" and "1.0" refer to, as probable versioning/revisioning
identifier components.  And I don't know the history of the filename
construction, etc., in this particular case.

So if there's an inclination to design a fix, I will support
it.

Today I'm wedged for time, but will add this to my list of
things to investigate. We have other situations (e.g., like
profile specifications written to correspond to a principal
spec like SAML or XACML, where the parent has a version
number (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) and the independent profile as a
Work Product also has a version number (1.0, 1.1)... So
there are general use cases and I think we need a general
solution that makes sense for users.

- Robin