Subject: Issue 225: proposal to resolve

Here is my proposal to resolve issue 225.
Comments?

-Anish
--

In section 3, for the case where there is no <sca:reference/> and no <sca:property> elements in the app context, replace the text

"interface.java child element is present, with the interface attribute set to the fully qualified name of the interface class identified by the bean reference"

with:

"interface.java child element is present, with the interface attribute set as follows:

  1. if only one bean refers to the bean reference, then the interface attribute is set to the fully qualified name of the interface class identified by the bean reference
  2. if two or more beans refer to the bean reference, then:
Let S be the set of fully qualified names of the interface classes identified by the bean references. ∀ s1, s2S, s1 is either an ancestor or descendant of s2 in the class inheritance tree. If this condition does not hold true then the SCA runtime MUST raise an error [SPRxxxx]. The interface attribute is set to that member of S whose depth in the inheritance tree is the highest amongst all the members of S. I.e., it is set to the most specific subclass amongst all the interface classes identified by the bean references.
For example, if two bean A and B refer to a bean reference C, and the interface class identified by bean A for reference C is I1, and that of bean B is I2, and if I2 is a subclass of I1, then the interface attribute value for the introspected implicit reference is set to I2.