Subject: Raw Chat for Feb 21 Telcon

anish: Agenda --
anish: 1. Roll call

2. Scribe appointment
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Meeting Minutes
Minutes of 2011-02-14 telcon
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41123/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202011-02-14.doc

5. TC Administrivia
a. Recording issue status - 10 open, 1 new

b. Filenames for POJO test case and test assertion docs

c. Updating cover page of the POJO TC spec

6. ACTION ITEMS

20110214-01: (Anish) followup with Robin wrt version number in filename for POJO test case doc
PENDING

20110214-02: (Anish) followup with TC-ADMIN wrt zip reference "update" on coverpage of the TC specs
DONE

20110214-03: (Anish) write an outline for spec/assertions/test case conformance and inter-dependency
DONE

7. New Issues (requires 2/3)
a. JAVA-228 Interface of a service when no element is present
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-228

8. Issues with proposals

a. JAVA-227: TAB comments on POJO CI TCs
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-227
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201101/msg00009.html

9. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)

a. JAVA-217 Weak design: Target is often not well identified, in several TAs
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-217

b. JAVA-220 Target should not be an "event", but an identifiable entity
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-220

c. JAVA-221 Stronger use of "tags" might help classify TAs based on targets
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-221

d. JAVA-225 Ambiguity about the implicit reference interface in the introspected component type of a Spring app context
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-225

e. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

f. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

h. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)

i. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)

j. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
Waiting for updated proposal

k. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list

10. AOB
a. straggler role

11. Spec status

CAA (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
2 new issue, 2nd PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD05 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlhttp://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlTA: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD
TC: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD

POJO (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 2st PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
TA: CSD01 PR ended 2010-12-23
TC: CDS01 PR ended 2010-12-23

EJB Binding (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 1st PR done, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
TC: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed

Spring C&I (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
1 open issues, WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: no work done
TC: no work done

JEE (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
6 open issues, WD stage (not actively worked on), no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: no work done
TC: no work done

Scribe list:
Plamen Pavlov: 3
Dave Booz: 3 (Last scribed: 2010-11-0
Ashok Malhotra: 21 (Last scribed: 2010-11-15)
Anish Karmarkar: 19 (Last scribed: 2010-12-13)
Mike Edwards: 25 (Last scribed: 2011-01-31)
Bryan Aupperle: 30 (Last scribed: 2011-02-07)
Martin Chapman: 22 (Last scribed: 2011-02-14)

anish: OASIS has a problem with email at least since yesterday
anish: all the emails I sent yesterday have not been delivered

Ashok (Oracle): Scribe:  Ashok
Ashok (Oracle): Agenda bashing -- there are new issues and Java 227
Ashok (Oracle): Minutes accepted w/o objection
Ashok (Oracle): Topic: TC Administrivia
a. Recording issue status - 10 open, 1 new
Ashok (Oracle): b.Filenames for POJO test case and test assertion docs -- waiting for Robin
Ashok (Oracle): c. Updating cover page of the POJO TC spec
Ashok (Oracle): TC Admin thinks simple requests should not take more than a week.
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  We have some updates to the Test Cases and Test Assertions
Ashok (Oracle): Topic: Action Items
Ashok (Oracle): Let's keep 1 pending
Ashok (Oracle): The other two are done
Ashok (Oracle): Topic:  NEW Issue -- JAVA-228 Interface of a service when no element is present
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-228
Ashok (Oracle): Bryan moves to open issue 228 Dave Booz seconds
Ashok (Oracle): Issue opened w/o objection
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  I will create a proposal for this issue.
anish: Normative code artifacts related to this specification are considered to be authoritative and take precedence over specification text.

An implementation that claims to conform to this specification MUST meet the following conditions:
1. The implementation is able to run all applicable Positive Tests in Section 2 TestCases producing the Expected Output.
2. The implementation is able to run all applicable Negative Tests in Section 2 TestCases producing appropriate exceptions.

Note that conforming to this specification is considered a necessary though not a sufficient condition to conform to the [POJO] specification.

[The non-normative ref section will have to be updated to include the POJO CI spec reference].
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  I suggested changes to conformance section to Test Cases and the main spec
Ashok (Oracle): ... these are above
Ashok (Oracle): Bryan:  Why the phrase "all applicable"?
Ashok (Oracle): ... there is no optional functionality
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  Then we can remove "all applicable"
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  Remove "applicable"  from above wording
anish: For the main spec:
anish: If we wanted to go further along the lines of what we discussed at the last call. Section 11.3 of the POJO spec should be updated to append the following:

"7. The implementation MUST meet all the conformance requirements defined by the SCA-J POJO Component Implementation v1.1 TestCases [POJO-TC]."

[The normative ref section will have to be updated to include the POJO TC reference]
Ashok (Oracle): Discussion on testing process
Ashok (Oracle): Martin:  We could connect the 3 deliverables -- 3 aspects of the same spec
Ashok (Oracle): Martin:  Test Assertions are a stepping stone to the test cases -- so, 2 artifacts
Ashok (Oracle): Defer till we can discuss with Mike Edwards
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  Next week we will discuss 226, 227 ...
Ashok (Oracle): Bryan:  We need to decide whether the Test Assertions should be a Committee Spec
Ashok (Oracle): ... or a Committee Note
Ashok (Oracle): Martin:  The only difference is IPR ... notes have no IPR claims
Ashok (Oracle): Anish:  AOB
Ashok (Oracle): Adjourned
--
All the best, Ashok