Subject: Re: [sca-j] [ISSUE 231] POJO CI spec does have any reference to thetestcases

Beyond my earlier observation that the test artifacts do not have in and of themselves any standing (similar to our API documentation - which is linked to in the Related Work section)  I would only add this input which is from a note from Robin Cover to the Bindings TC [1]:

With respect to the general matter of providing references
to test suites (ZIP files) and similar artifacts, my general
advice has been, and still is: use the Related Work block.

He continues,  providing detail and backing references to the TC process and TC Handbook.

So my view is that the test artifacts should be linked to in the related works section of the Testcases document.  We can separately (i.e. this issue) decide if the testcases document needs to be referenced from the spec itself.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00005.html

Bryan Aupperle.
Software IT Architect - Mid-Atlantic
Senior Technical Staff Member

Raleigh, NC
Mobile: 919-656-0018

aupperle@us.ibm.com

From:        Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
To:        Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        03/07/2011 01:11 AM

Bryan,

On this particular issue you had expressed a preference to use the
'related work' section since we do the same for the CAA API zip file.

I have a mild preference for making this part of the 'non-normative
reference' and very briefly describing what the testcase document is
(perhaps include the testcases document abstract). I believe this is
different than the CAA API zip file. The files contained in the CAA API
zip file are all inlined in the CAA spec itself. The zip file exists for
convenience, similar to our schemas. Whereas, the testcases document is
not part of the main spec at all.

-Anish
--

http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-231