Subject: Analysis of CAA spec untested conformance items

I went through the CAA spec and the test suite and here is an analysis
of untested conformance items:

1) Issue 1: Mark the following as untestable --

JCA90024 through JCA90039

It is marked as untested because it is an optional feature. Optionality
isn't the issue here. But this is related to redeployment, which is a
little difficult to do in a machine-processable way as there is no API
defined for this.

2) Issue 2: untested items that contain MAY/SHOULD, but in fact do not
need the 2119 keywords. Remove the keywords --

a) [JCA20009] The SCA runtime MAY use by-reference semantics when
passing input parameters, return values or exceptions on calls to
remotable services within the same JVM if both the service method
implementation and the service proxy used by the client are marked
“allows pass by reference”.

s/MAY/can/

3) Issue 3: untested items that contain MUST, but in fact do not need
the 2119 keywords. Remove the keywords --

[JCA80052] The SCAClientFactory.getService method MUST throw a
NoSuchServiceException if the domainURI of the SCAClientFactory does not
identify a valid SCA Domain.

This is marked as untestable as it is impossible to obtain a
SCAClientFactory instance with an invalid domainURI. If this is indeed
the case, then we don't need this at all. Remove the conformance item.

4) Issue 4: Add new tests

a) [JCA80055] The implementation of the SCAClientFactoryFinder.find
method MUST return an object which is an implementation of the
SCAClientFactory interface, for the SCA Domain represented by the
doaminURI parameter, using the supplied properties and classloader.

Marked as "Untestable unless we make the vendor implementation of
SCAClientFactoryFinder a conformance target". Since this is essentially
an SPI, the vendor's implementation code is what will be tested. Add a
new test for this.

b) [JCA80056] The implementation of the SCAClientFactoryFinder.find
method MUST throw a ServiceRuntimeException if the SCAClientFactory
implementation could not be found.

Marked as "Untestable unless we make the vendor implementation of
SCAClientFactoryFinder a conformance target". Since this is essentially
an SPI, the vendor's implementation code is what will be tested. Add a
new test for this.

c) [JCA100007] For SCA reference interfaces defined using
interface.java, the SCA runtime MUST support a Java interface which
contains the additional client-side asynchronous polling and callback
methods defined by JAX-WS.

This is marked as not tested as this is optional. This is not
optional. Add new test for this.

I'll wait to see if there is any email discussion before filing new issues.

Thanks.

-Anish