OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-j message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw minutes for 23 May

Today's chat log

Bryan Aupperle.
Software IT Architect - Mid-Atlantic
Senior Technical Staff Member

Raleigh, NC
Mobile: 919-656-0018

[11:02] anish: Agenda --
[11:02] anish: 1. Roll call

2. Scribe appointment
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Meeting Minutes
Minutes of 2011-05-16 telcon:

5. TC Administrivia
a. Recording issue status - 8 open, 0 new

2011-05-09-2: Mike to fix editorial problems with the TC document & make proposal for Issue 238

2011-05-16-1: MikeE to investigate the test/JAX-WS issue and find out how difficult/easy it is to run tests with SE5

2011-05-16-2: Anish to post his analysis of CAA spec untested items

7. Planning for PR of various specs
a) CAA spec: apply issue 233
b) CAA TA: apply issue 235, apply issue 232
c) CAA TC: apply issues 215? & 234
d) POJO spec: apply issue 231
e) POJO TA: apply issue 236
f) POJO TC: apply issue 222, ref udpate(?)
g) Spring: DONE
h) Spring TC: WD01 ready, need edits to remove JMS-isms + issue 238

8. CSD01 approval
a) What should be the filename? sca-springci-v1.1-WD10 OR ca-springci-spec-v1.1-WD10 ?

b) New WD10 available

c) What should the subdirectory be named?
sca-j/springci OR sca-j/springci-spec OR opencsa/sca-j/springci OR opencsa/sca-j/springci-spec ?

9. New Issues (requires 2/3)

10. Issues with proposals

11. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)
a. Issue 238 TA and TC needed for SPR30005
Awating proposal from Mike

b. Issue 239 JCI90003 -- Java SE 5 requirement should be on the runtime not on the class
Consensus is to allow versions higher than 5. What is the minimum? 5 or 6? How easy is it to run our tests with version 5? Awating action from Mike.

c. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

d. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification

e. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)

f. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)

g. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
Waiting for updated proposal

h. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the implementation.jee element needs fixing
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list

12. AOB
a. straggler role

13. Spec status

CAA (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
2 new issue, 2nd PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD05 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlhttp://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlTA: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD
TC: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD

POJO (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 2st PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
TA: CSD01 PR ended 2010-12-23
TC: CDS01 PR ended 2010-12-23

EJB Binding (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 1st PR done, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
TC: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed

Spring C&I (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
1st CSD undergoing 30 day PR
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA/TC: WD01 available

JEE (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
6 open issues, WD stage (not actively worked on), no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: no work done
TC: no work done
[11:04] Mike Edwards: Greetings
[11:05] anish: Agenda: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201105/msg00037.html
[11:07] Bryan Aupperle: Scribe: Bryan Aupperle
[11:07] anish: Date: 2011-05-23
[11:07] Bryan Aupperle: 4 of 6 present (66%)
[11:07] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Agenda bashing
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: Agenda agreed
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Approval of Minutes
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: No comments
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: Resolution: Minutes approved
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Action Items
[11:10] Bryan Aupperle: 2011-05-09-2: Pending
[11:11] Dave Booz just joined to make sure you get quorate - will be paying attention in about 15 mins
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: 2011-05-16-1: This is possible, but it takes some work to get the correct JAX-WS jars.  Tuscany used to do so.
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: It is more of a test client issue than the runtime itself.
[11:13] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: And the test cases themselves are not dependent on JAX-WS.
[11:13] Bryan Aupperle: So this AI is done.
[11:14] anish: 2011-05-09-2: Mike to fix editorial problems with the TC document & make proposal for Issue 238
[11:14] Bryan Aupperle: 2011-05-16-2: done
[11:15] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Spring CI CSD 01
[11:15] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: TC Admin notes some items we have address
[11:18] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: TC-Admin now prefers a zip with all files that are part of the approved package (schema, APIs, etc.)
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: mismatch between schema file name and the name in the appendix.
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: we also need the Assembly TC to approve hosting the file containing implementation.spring
[11:22] anish: sca-springci-v1.1-WD10 OR ca-springci-spec-v1.1-WD10
[11:22] Mike Edwards: OASIS site is not working 
[11:22] Mike Edwards: can't get the ZIP
[11:26] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan: We will need to distinguish the spec from the test cases and the extension is not sufficient.
[11:27] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan:  My preference is to include "spec" for consistency with and to be clear what each document is.
[11:27] Bryan Aupperle: Consensus: include "spec" in the file name
[11:27] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: The zip files does not do this, bur we can handle that in the motion.
[11:34] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan: The main SCA namespace is not linked in front matter
[11:36] Bryan Aupperle: AI (Bryan) raise issue regarding lack of sca namespace link in the spring CI front matter.
[11:48] Mike Edwards: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
[11:50] MartinC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13507728
[11:55] anish1: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/42255/sca-springci-spec-v1.1-WD11.zip
[11:57] Mike Edwards: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42255/sca-springci-spec-v1.1-WD11.zip
[11:57] anish1: public http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42255/sca-springci-spec-v1.1-WD11.zip
[12:01] Bryan Aupperle: Motion: Mike, second Dave - Accept WD11.zip as CSD01 and submit it for a 30 public review.
[12:02] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: AOB
[12:02] Bryan Aupperle: Straggler role
[12:04] Bryan Aupperle: Schema files need to be updated in SVN
[12:05] Bryan Aupperle: Meeting adjourned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]