Subject: Re: [sca-j] WD10 zip file

+1

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)
e-mail: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
To: sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 23/05/2011 22:36

On 5/23/2011 2:37 AM, Mike Edwards wrote:

> Anish,
>
> No problem with the new WD10 and the re-approval.
>
> As for the new subdirectories
> - I'm OK with the subdirectory for springci,
> - but to have a further subdirectory for each csd seems overkill.
>
> We are switching from having one directory with a lot of files to the
> opposite extreme of lots and lots of directories each
> with very few files. The redundancy of the directory names and the names
> of the files bothers me in this respect.

I didn't notice the directories for individual CSD. I agree that this is
perhaps an overkill. I would like the suggest the following:
1) not have individual subdirectories for each CSD
2) include the 'opencsa' part so all SCA specs/artifacts are available
in the same subdirectory.
3) create a single subdirectory called 'sca-springci' that contains all
the springci related artifacts. I don't think 'sca-springci-spec' name
makes a lot of sense since we would have spec, tests, XSDs in that
directory.
4) create a version-specific subdirectory underneath 'springci' for each
version.

So the URL for the spring CSD01 spec will look as follows:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-j/sca-springci/v1.1/sca-springci-spec-v1.1-csd01.doc

In fact, we could probably drop the 'sca' from 'sca-springci'
subdirectory, making the URL a bit shorter:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-j/springci/v1.1/sca-springci-spec-v1.1-csd01.doc

I'll check with the TC Admin to see if this is acceptable.
Please let me know what you think ASAP (even if it is 'don't care'). I
would not like to delay publication because of this issue and would like
to see if we can achieve consensus via email.

Thanks.

-Anish
--

http://docs.oasis-open.org/sca-j/sca-springci/v1.1/csd01/sca-springci-v1.1-csd01.doc