Subject: Raw minutes for today

Today's chat log:

Bryan Aupperle.
Software IT Architect - Mid-Atlantic
Senior Technical Staff Member

Raleigh, NC
Mobile: 919-656-0018

aupperle@us.ibm.com
[11:00] Mike Edwards: 1. Roll call

2. Scribe appointment
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Meeting Minutes
a) Minutes of 2011-06-20 telcon:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201106/msg00023.html

5. TC Administrivia
a. Recording issue status - 9 open, 0 new
b. Status of Spring C&I spec

6. ACTION ITEMS

2011-05-23-1: Anish to send a request to the SCA-Assembly TC wrt updating the RDDL and the XSD for spring CI
PENDING

2011-06-06-1: Mike - update the POJO work products with remaining resolved issues
PARTLY DONE, see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201106/msg00019.html

7. Planning for PR of various specs
a) CAA spec: apply issue 233
b) CAA TA: apply issue 235, apply issue 232
c) CAA TC: apply issues 215? & 234
d) POJO spec: DONE
e) POJO TA: apply issue 236
f) POJO TC: apply issue 222, ref udpate(?)
g) Spring: DONE
h) Spring TC: WD ready, need tests

8. New Issues (requires 2/3)
NONE

9. Issues with proposals
a) Issue 240
Normative statements JCA90024 through JCA90039 are all based on optional function
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-240

b) Issue 241
Normative statement JCA20009 is optional
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-241

c) Issue 242
Normative statement JCA80052 is redundant
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-242

10. Issues waiting for updated proposals
NONE

11. AOB
[11:05] anish sorry i'm late, about to join in a minute
[11:10] Bryan Aupperle: Scribe: Bryan Aupperle
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: Meeting is quorate (3 of 5)
[11:11] anish: Date: 2011-06-27
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Agenda Bashing
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Add discussion of next week's call to TC Administrivia
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Add Exit Criteria before Item 9.
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Revised agenda agreed
[11:13] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: TC Administrivia
[11:15] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Spring C&I has been published but with a note that the document is still in Quality Control.  TC Admin also created a RDDL file for the Spring namespace. Some items, like the versioning policy item are missing.  These are being addressed but should not hold up the PR.
[11:16] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: TC Admin has also commented that the diagrams do not work in Word 2010 and asked they be fixed in a future draft.
[11:18] Bryan Aupperle: Next week's call is cancelled.
[11:19] Bryan Aupperle: Currently no future calls on the calendar.  New call to be scheduled starting on 11 July.
[11:19] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Approval of Minutes
[11:19] Bryan Aupperle: No comments or corrections
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Resolution: Minutes approved
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Action Items
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: 2011-05-23-1: Pending
[11:22] Bryan Aupperle: 2011-06-06-1: Done (also CAA TA/TC and CAA spec)
[11:22] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Exit Criteria
[11:23] Bryan Aupperle: Proposal - Folks,

In line with the other SCA TCs, the SCA-J TC needs to adopt concrete Exit Criteria.

I would be grateful if this could be added to today's TC meeting agenda.

Here is my proposal for the exit criteria, which is based closely on the SCA Assembly TC adopted exit criteria:

a)
The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1 are that there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant
with all normative portions of the specification as described in Section 12.3 of the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1

b)
The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA POJO Component Implementation Specification Version 1.1 are that there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant with
all normative portions of the specification as described in Section 11.3 of the SCA POJO Component Implementation Specification Version 1.1

Yours, Mike
[11:23] Mike Edwards: Exit criteria proposal:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/201106/msg00027.html
[11:26] Bryan Aupperle: Mike reviews the proposal
[11:27] anish: The TC shall define concrete exit criteria that include at least two independent offerings that implement and are compliant with the all normative portions of specifications and demonstrate interoperability and portability as appropriate. Note that these are minimums and that the TC is free to set more stringent criteria.
[11:27] Mike Edwards: My proposal is basically a straightforward set of criteria, not requiring anything beyond the charter
[11:30] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: In the bindings TC there was a similar proposal and an amendment was proposed along the lines of each implementation needing to provide evidence of interop/portability and that passing the test suite is sufficient evidence.
[11:30] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: I do not think the same interop concerns exist here and so I would not be in favor of this amendment.
[11:32] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Jeff is concerned that we need to ask every implementation we use for the exit criteria to provide evidence of conformance.
[11:35] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan: We will have to assess the conformance of any implementation that we use for passing the exit criteria.  We will have to examine any evidence provided so it is not necessary to bake this evaluation into the exit criteria.
[11:37] anish: The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1 are that :
1) there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant with all normative portions of the specification as described in Section 12.3 of the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1.
2) those two implementation would provide evidence of portability, as appropriate. Passing the testsuite is considered sufficient to satisfy this criteron.
[11:39] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan: Not clear what the second point adds.
[11:40] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Jeff thinks that the exit criteria adopted by the Assembly is not sufficient to meet what is required by the charter.  He is thinking of appealing the Assembly decision.
[11:42] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: This sets the position is that passing the test suite will automatically be accepted by the TC for use relative to the exit criteria.  It also allows the other test suites or evidence to be used for passing the exit criteria.
[11:43] Bryan Aupperle: Dave: I thought that we were going to use the market to judge compliance.
[11:44] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Correct, but the exit criteria required by the TC charter creates a higher bar for the spec exiting the TC.
[11:44] Bryan Aupperle: Dave: I think point two mixes exit criteria and conformance.
[11:45] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: We have to have a demonstration of interop/portability (as per the charter)
[11:46] Bryan Aupperle: Dave: All we need is a claim of conformance. Since we believe that spec defines portability and interop.
[11:47] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Jeff would like a higher bar for the demonstration relative to TC exit.
[11:50] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Adding the second point does not change the future actions the TC will have to take.  The bindings TC has an additional consideration about interop that does not apply here.
[11:51] Bryan Aupperle: Motion: Mike, second Dave - Adopt the exit criteria in http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/201106/msg00027.html
[11:52] anish: The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1 are that :
1) there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant with all normative portions of the specification as described in Section 12.3 of the SCA-J Common Annotations and APIs Specification Version 1.1.
2) those two implementation would provide evidence of portability, as appropriate. Passing the testsuite is considered sufficient to satisfy this criteron.
[11:53] Bryan Aupperle: Motion to amend: Anish: Split criteria into two points first using text in motion second being 2) those two implementation would provide evidence of portability, as appropriate. Passing the testsuite is considered sufficient to satisfy this criteron.
[11:53] Bryan Aupperle: Motion fails to lack of second
[11:54] Bryan Aupperle: Anish objects to the motion
[11:55] Bryan Aupperle: Vote: 3 yes, 1 no - motion passes
[11:56] Bryan Aupperle: Resolution: Motion passes by role call
[11:56] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Issue 241
Normative statement JCA20009 is optional
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-241
[11:59] Bryan Aupperle: Mike reviews proposal
[12:00] Bryan Aupperle: Motion: Mike, second Dave: Resolve Java 241 with proposal in JIRA
[12:00] Bryan Aupperle: Resolution: motion passes w/o objection
[12:03] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: AOB
=