Subject: NEW ISSUE: Profile intent extension - provides other intents

TARGET: SCA Policy Framework

We decided we needed intents such
as BP (Basic Profile from WS-I). We envision corporate policies that will be
specified in this way. A portmanteau intent would imply a collection of
specific intents so it's like a profile intent.

The second point is that if a portmanteau intent, say X, that implies specific
intents A, B, C then a PolicySet that provides X matches a policySet that
provides A, B and C.

These intents need to be qualifiable.
As you remember, in the BSP example there were 2 policy options for each intent.
Right now, profile intents are not qualifiable

PROPOSAL: none

PROVENANCE: SCA-205

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome