Subject: ISSUE POLICY-30: Is the policy (specified in intentMap) from all ofmultiple qualified intents in effect?

Hi folks,

The link for this issue in the SCA Policy TC JIRA: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-30

Regards,

Kaanu Joshi

From: David Booz [mailto:booz@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:56 AM
To: sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org

TARGET: SCA Policy Framework

Consider a policySet that provides intent A with default A.X in an intentMap. The SCDL contains:

<binding.myBinding requires="A.Y A.Z" policySets="PolicySetThatProvidesA"/>

Clearly we override A.X but with A.Y or A.Z, or is it an error. The spec does not say. The decision comes down to

a) additive (A.Y and A.Z)
b) mutually exclusive (A.Y or A.Z)

We don't have a mechanism to express either (a) or (b).

Once we have the mechanism laid down, then the rule gets clear:

a) For additive intents, the default intent is replaced by all the specified intents and all of the selected policies
get applied

b) For exclusive intents, it is an error for A.Y and A.Z to be specified together.

PROPOSAL: none

PROVENANCE: SCA-248

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome