Subject: RE: [sca-policy] ISSUE 7: Required intents on interfaces [Implicit addition of intents based on a service or reference's @requires list]

We don’t currently have an operational distinction between implementation intents and interaction intents.  We define the terms, but none of our mechanisms are tied to those terms.

With the current definition of intents on interfaces, references that use an interface implicitly require all intents specified on that interface.  This certainly fits interface intents such as “conversational” and “joinsTransaction” well.  If we changed the semantics, I’m not sure what we would change them to.

Michael

From: Patil, Sanjay [mailto:sanjay.patil@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:37 AM
To: Michael Rowley; sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org

Are we ruling out the possibility of annotating interfaces with intents for any implementation policies? For example, an interface with operations whose invocations should be audited may be annotated with @requires("auditing").  In this example, the client does no have to be aware of the intents on the interface, I believe.

-- Sanjay