Subject: ISSUE 35: Define Conformance Target

Hi,

A new issue has been created in the SCA Policy JIRA system. The URL for this issue is: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-35

Regards,
Kaanu Joshi

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Chapman [mailto:martin.chapman@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:05 PM
To: sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [sca-policy] NEW ISSUE: Define Conformance Target

TARGET: SCA Policy Specification

needs to be included. Some of these are obvious, as we have rules governing components, composites, services, references etc. Other
targets are less so, especially when it comes to conformance, as we need to identify artefacts that vendors can claim they handle
according to the rules of the spec. We should enumerate a list of conformance targets early on, so that every time we use a MUST,
MAY, or SHOULD, we know to what the rule applies to.

PROPOSAL: none

Martin Chapman
Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Oracle