Subject: Issue 26: Action Item

Rich Levinson and I had an action item to propose XACML as a replacement
for section 7.3.1. and 7.3.2 of the
Policy Framework spec.

On re-reading XACML and thinking some more about this, we changed our minds.
XACML is a complicated spec and seems to be overkill for the simple
role-based requirements
for Implementation Security Policy that is discussed in section 7.3.
What seems to be discussed
in that section is requirements for Implementation Security Policy and
the role-based constructs
seem sufficient and appropriate for that.

Thus, we withdraw our suggestion to change section 7.3.1 and 7.3.2 to
use XACML.
This issue was, however, raised to correct a specific shortcoming the
spec and we recommend that
this be corrected.
--
All the best, Ashok