Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Issue 15 (external attachment) - summary position

I updated the Issue 15 JIRA with the sub-parts as agreed on the telecon
today.

<http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-15>

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome

             David
             Booz/Poughkeepsie
             /IBM@IBMUS                                                 To
                                       sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org
             04/28/2008 08:48                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [sca-policy] Issue 15 (external
                                       attachment) - summary position

On the last call I took an action to coalesce all the pieces of issue 15
into one email.  Here is my attempt.  We will discuss this on the call
today:

1) External attachment mechanism with infoset proposal is attached to this
email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200804/msg00012.html
a. Is the XPath mechanism too complex? Do we need XPath functions to
mitigate complexity?
b. Use of IRI to reference WSDL interfaces:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-policy/email/archives/200804/msg00040.html

2) What happens to the "pull" mechanism (i.e. intents are used to find and
attach appropriate policySets) given this new "push" model?
Open Action 20080421-01 against Mike E and Ashok for alternative views on
this question.
a. Are pushed policy sets still validated against attached intents?

3) Consider restricting the use of policySet attribute to binding elements
only
a. Note: Assembly Issue 39 just added @policySet to the SCDL <interface/>
element.

4) Will the external attachment mechanism be used to attach intents?

5) Is the external attachment mechanism extensible in order to allow
vendors to use additional context in the attachment point?