Subject: ISSUE 15 -- Are policySets additive or overrideable

We had a discussion on today's call whether policySets on services,
references and bindings can be overridden by the
component or do the policySets on the component add to what's already
attached to services, references and bindings.
Here is what I found in the Assembly 1.00 spec:

412 Most of the characteristics of the services, references and
properties may be overridden by a
413 component that uses and configures the implementation, or the
component can decide not to
414 override those characteristics. Some characteristics cannot be
overridden, such as intents.
415 Other characteristics, such as interfaces, can only be overridden in
particular controlled ways
416 (see the Component section for details).

The component section does not explicitly mention whether the policySets
attached to the component add to or
override the policySets on services, references and bindings.  We need
to decide this to make progress.

Here's my 2 cents:
- a policySet that provides a qualified intent overrides a policySet
that provides the same intent in the unqualified form
- if a policySet from a component provides the identical intent as a
policySet on a service, reference and binding the
policySet from the component overrides
- in all other cases, the policySets on the component add to the
policySets on services, references and bindings
--
All the best, Ashok