Subject: RE: [sca-policy] Comments on CD01 - Revision 13d- MC conformance proposal

Comments below, and see attached version 2 proposal.

From: David Booz [mailto:booz@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 05 February 2009 14:15
To: sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org

From Ashok's email:
1) is not Martin's change, it's an incomplete change from me. Need to speak with Mike E before it's complete.

2), 3), 4) +1

I am happy to merge Martin's work (and any deltas on that work) on top of the latest RFC2119 draft. Mike E is taking the pen now to do his todo's so I will wait until he's done.

I have a few comments:
A) All the statements begin 'if marked', or something similar, can we find a better wording? How about something like 'When present' or 'When attached'?

[<MartinC>] If reworded to say “when XXX is present”

B) POL100003 - Doesn't mean what you've written. In plain terms, I think it means 'the binding has to support the JMS API because the application wants to take advantage of that'....which IMO is analogous to...the assembler MUST put binding.jms at this point in the assembly.

[<MartinC>] Not sure I understand the point here . I don’t think we can put normative statements on an assembler! Have a look at my suggested rewording.

thanks

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for ashok malhotra ---02/04/2009 04:44:03 PM---1) Lines 885 -891 The paragraph that starts "During the deashok malhotra ---02/04/2009 04:44:03 PM---1) Lines 885 -891 The paragraph that starts "During the deployment of an SCA policySet ..."

ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, OASIS Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>

02/04/2009 04:44 PM

[sca-policy] Comments on CD01 - Revision 13d- MC conformance proposal

1) Lines 885 -891
The paragraph that starts "During the deployment of an SCA policySet ..."

This ends with "I forget the third option right now"

2) Section 7.1
In the conformance wording for the 3 intents remove the words "and has
not been qualified"

3) Typo on line 1801 "altertered."

4) Section 7.2.1 Change line 1814 from "to the transport" to "to the
transport or transfer"
May be good to add, "such as HTTPS".

This needs to be fixed.

The other concern is that you and Dave seem to have made changes to the
same base document.
So, your changes will need to be merged.
--
All the best, Ashok