Subject: LSC Recommendation: Removing the complexity of merging derived component types with sidefiles

Hi,
   At the LSC meeting today, it voted to recommend to the SCA TCs the
following:

With recent action by the assembly committee (Assembly 36) it is left to
each C&I to develop rules stating how an Introspected Component Type and
a Component Type Side File are merged to arrive at an Effective
Component Type.  It is the opinion of the BPEL C&I committee that the
following convention be adopted by all C&Is:

- In the case of a C&I where it is possible and convenient to derive a
Component Type from implementation files, then such derivation rules
SHOULD be specified, and use of a Component Type Side File be
disallowed.

- In cases where it is not possible or convenient to derive a Component
Type, a Component Type Side File SHOULD be specified, and no derivation
rules be allowed.

This decision is to be made on a per C&I basis, not a per-component
basis.

The end result is that each C&I either has derivation rules, or a
component-type side file, and no rules for merging need be specified.

cheers,
    jeff
--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975