Subject: Re: [sca-policy] ISSUE-79: Do intents need to be supported if onlyExternal Attachment supported

Hi Mike:
If I understand your usecase, the developer sprinkles intents as markers
in the SCDL.
Then, using External Attachment and the special XPath functions he
attaches  policySets
based on these markers.

I think this is a bit of a corner case, but we can discuss.

There is another situation, however, that we should discuss.  Suppose I
say, I will use only External Attachment.
I have no use for intents.  OK.  that's well and good for intents that
translate to policies but what about
'configuration' intents such as SOAP?   Also, the whole
mayProvides/alwaysProvides story falls apart if you don't
have intent support.

So, let's discuss.  This needs more thought.

All the best, Ashok