Subject: ISSUE 83: A single qualifier is not the default

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-83

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for "Eric Wells" ---05/10/2009 04:09:30 AM---All,     in reviewing the Test Assertions document I came ac"Eric Wells" ---05/10/2009 04:09:30 AM---All, in reviewing the Test Assertions document I came across an old item I

"Eric Wells" <ejwells@sonic.net>

<sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>

05/10/2009 04:09 AM

[sca-policy] NEW ISSUE: A single qualifier is not the default

All,
   in reviewing the Test Assertions document I came across an old item I
said I'd look into...

[POL30004] states:
If an intent has more than one qualifier, one and only one MUST be declared
as the default qualifier.

Thus if only ONE qualifier is provided for an intent it does not have to be
marked as the default.

However, there are no statements that says a single unmarked qualifier
should be used as the default.

Proposal:
Add a new normative statement after [POL30004]:

If only one qualifier for an intent is given it MUST be used as the default
qualifier for the intent.
[POL30025]

Best Regards,
            Eric.